Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets
This paper examines, using a zero-inflated negative binomial regression model, what determined entry into the Swedish retail and wholesale trade markets between 1990 and 1996. According to the results, high returns on equity and low sunk costs seemed to attract more entry into retail trade industries, while recent entry and higher total industry sales were associated with more entry into both retail and wholesale trade local markets. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
Volume (Year): 29 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/industrial+organization/journal/11151/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Elisabet Berglund & Kurt Brännäs, 2001.
"Plants' entry and exit in Swedish municipalities,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(3), pages 431-448.
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1988.
"Patterns of Firm Entry and Exit in U.S. Manufacturing Industries,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(4), pages 495-515, Winter.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Pattenrs Of Firm Entry And Exit In U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Papers 1-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Jukka Topi, 1999.
"Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Influences on Entry and Exit of Firms,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 283-301, November.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Topi, Jukka, 1996. "Microeconomic and macroeconomic influences of entry and exit of firms," Research Discussion Papers 6/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Pakes, A. & Ericson, R., 1990.
"Empirical Implications Of Alternative Models Of Firm Dynamics,"
594, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Pakes, Ariel & Ericson, Richard, 1998. "Empirical Implications of Alternative Models of Firm Dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Ariel Pakes & Richard Ericson, 1989. "Empirical Implications of Alternative Models of Firm Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 2893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1995.
"Social Insurance, Incentives, and Risk Taking,"
NBER Working Papers
5335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Troske, Kenneth R, 1996. "The Dynamic Adjustment Process of Firm Entry and Exit in Manufacturing and Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 705-35, October.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:29:y:2006:i:3:p:213-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.