Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets
This paper examines, using a zero-inflated negative binomial regression model, what determined entry into the Swedish retail and wholesale trade markets between 1990 and 1996. According to the results, high returns on equity and low sunk costs seemed to attract more entry into retail trade industries, while recent entry and higher total industry sales were associated with more entry into both retail and wholesale trade local markets.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||05 Jan 2005|
|Publication status:||Published as Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov, Niklas Rudholm and Fredrik Bergström, 'Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets' in Review of Industrial Organization, 2006, pages 213-225.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HUI Research, Regeringsgatan 60, 103 29 Stockholm, Sweden|
Phone: +46 (0)8 762 72 80
Fax: +46 (0)8 679 76 06
Web page: http://www.hui.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elisabet Berglund & Kurt Brännäs, 2001.
"Plants' entry and exit in Swedish municipalities,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(3), pages 431-448.
- Berglund, Elisabet & Brännäs, Kurt, 1999. "Plants' Entry and Exit in Swedish Municipalities," Umeå Economic Studies 497, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1988. "Patterns of Firm Entry and Exit in U.S. Manufacturing Industries," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(4), pages 495-515, Winter.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Pattenrs Of Firm Entry And Exit In U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Papers 1-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Troske, Kenneth R, 1996. "The Dynamic Adjustment Process of Firm Entry and Exit in Manufacturing and Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 705-735, October.
- Pakes, Ariel & Ericson, Richard, 1998. "Empirical Implications of Alternative Models of Firm Dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Ariel Pakes & Richard Ericson, 1989. "Empirical Implications of Alternative Models of Firm Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 2893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pakes, A. & Ericson, R., 1990. "Empirical Implications Of Alternative Models Of Firm Dynamics," Papers 594, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1996. "Social insurance, incentives and risk taking," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 259-280, July.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1995. "Social Insurance, Incentives, and Risk Taking," NBER Working Papers 5335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1996. "Social Insurance, Incentives and Risk Taking," Munich Reprints in Economics 19834, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Jukka Topi, 1999. "Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Influences on Entry and Exit of Firms," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 283-301, November.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Topi, Jukka, 1996. "Microeconomic and macroeconomic influences of entry and exit of firms," Research Discussion Papers 6/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)