Entry into Local Retail Food Markets in Sweden: A Real-Options Approach
A real-options approach was used, incorporating uncertainty and irreversibility of investments, to study the number of stores entering the Swedish retail food market during the period 1994-2002. It was found that uncertainty affected the entry-decision. Entry was less frequent in highly concentrated local retail food-markets characterized by a high degree of uncertainty, whereas higher profit opportunities seem to have increased the probability of entry.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||22 Feb 2007|
|Publication status:||Published as Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov, Matilda Orth and Niklas Rudholm, 'Entry into Local Retail Food Markets in Sweden: A Real-Options Approach' in Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, 2010, pages 15.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HUI Research, Regeringsgatan 60, 103 29 Stockholm, Sweden|
Phone: +46 (0)8 762 72 80
Fax: +46 (0)8 679 76 06
Web page: http://www.hui.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- de Juan, Rebeca, 2003. "The independent submarkets model: an application to the Spanish retail banking market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1461-1487, December.
- John Sutton, 1997. "Gibrat's Legacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 40-59, March.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas & Bergström, Fredrik, 2005.
"Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets,"
HUI Working Papers
2, HUI Research.
- Sven-olov Daunfeldt & Niklas Rudholm & Fredrik Bergström, 2006. "Entry into Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 29(3), pages 213-225, November.
- Daunfeldt , Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas & Bergström, Fredrik, 2002. "Entry into Swedish Retail- and Wholesale Trade Markets," Umeå Economic Studies 599, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Falck, Oliver, .
"New firm formation by industry over space and time: a multi-level analysis for Germany,"
Chapters in Economics,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Falck, Oliver, 2002. "New firm formation by industry over space and time: a multi-level analysis for Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa02p486, European Regional Science Association.
- Asplund, Marcus & Friberg, Richard, 2002. " Food Prices and Market Structure in Sweden," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 547-566, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:huiwps:0001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Nilsson)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.