A Multinomial Logit Framework to Estimate Bid Shading in Procurement Auctions: Application to Cattle Sales in the Texas Panhandle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schroeter, John R. & Azzam, Azzeddine M., 1999. "Econometric Analysis of Fed Cattle Procurement in the Texas Panhandle," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11365, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lynn Hunnicutt & DeeVon Bailey & Michelle Crook, 2002.
"Measuring Market Power with Variables Other than Price,"
2002-08, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Hunnicutt, Lynn & Bailey, DeeVon & Crook, Michelle, 2002. "Measuring Market Power With Variables Other Than Price," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19799, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David E. Davis, 2012.
"Bidding for WIC Infant Formula Contracts: Do Non-WIC Customers Subsidize WIC Customers?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 80-96.
- David E. Davis, 2009. "Bidding for WIC infant formula contracts: Do non-WIC customers subsidize WIC customers?," SDSU Working Papers in Progress 52009, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2011.
- Davis, David E., 2011. "Bidding for WIC infant formula contracts: Do non-WIC customers subsidize WIC customers?," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 102457, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:bla:canjag:v:67:y:2019:i:1:p:85-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ward, Clement E., 2007. "Feedlot and Packer Pricing Behavior: Implications for Competition Research," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 7365, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- David Davis, 2014.
"Buyer Alliances as Countervailing Power in WIC Infant-Formula Auctions,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 45(2), pages 121-138, September.
- Davis, David E., 2011. "Buyer Alliances as Countervailing Power in WIC Infant-Formula Auctions," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123863, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Davis, David E., 2011. "Buyer Alliances as Countervailing Power in WIC Infant-Formula Auctions," SDSU Working Papers in Progress 12011, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Crespi, John M. & Xia, Tian & Jones, Rodney D., 2008. "Competition, Bargaining Power, and the Cattle Cycle," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6263, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Adjemian, Michael & Brorsen, B. Wade & Hahn, William & Saitone, Tina L. & Sexton, Richard J., 2016. "Thinning Markets in U.S. Agriculture," Economic Information Bulletin 232928, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lee, Yoonsuk & Ward, Clement E. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2010. "Relationships among Prices across Alternative Marketing Arrangements for Fed Cattle and Hogs," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56282, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsauction; beef packing; bidding; concentration; multinomial logit; oligopsony;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:27:y:2005:i:3:p:253-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.