Strategic Responses to Regulatory Policies: What Lessons Can Be Learned from the U.K. Contract Gas Market?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Waddams Price, Catherine, 1997. "Competition and Regulation in the UK Gas Industry," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 47-63, Spring.
- Newbery, David M., 1997.
"Privatisation and liberalisation of network utilities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 357-383, April.
- Newbery, D., 1996. "Privatisation and Liberalisation of Network Utilities," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9620, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Robert J. Barro, 1972. "A Theory of Monopolistic Price Adjustment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 17-26.
- Baye, Michael R & Jansen, Dennis W, 1996. "Repeated Games with Stochastic Discounting," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(252), pages 531-541, November.
- George Norman & Jacques-François Thisse, 1998. "Should Pricing Policies be Regulated when Firms may Tacitly Collude?," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9803, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Schuler, R.E. & Hobbs, B.F., 1988. "Price adjustments in oligopolistic markets: The impact of lags in customer response," CORE Discussion Papers 1988030, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Price, Catherine, 1994. "Transportation charges in the gas industry," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 191-197, July.
- Charlie Weir, 1999. "Regulation and the Development of Competition in the U.K. Gas Supply Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(2), pages 135-147, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Hirschhausen & Anne Neumann, 2008.
"Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited: An Empirical Analysis of Producer–Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 131-143, March.
- Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited: An Empirical Analysis of Producer-Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 552, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited – An Empirical Analysis of producer-Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry," Working Papers 0610, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Neumann, A. & von Hirschhausen, C., 2006. "Long-Term Contracts and Asset Specificity Revisited -An Empirical Analysis of Producer-Importer Relations in the Natural Gas Industry," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0630, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A. & van Dijk, T., 2008.
"Price Discrimination Bans on Dominant Firms,"
2008-3, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Bouckaert & Hans Degryse & Theon Van Dijk, 2008. "Price Discrimination Bans on Dominant Firms," CESifo Working Paper Series 2192, CESifo Group Munich.
- Degryse, H.A., 2008. "Price Discrimination Bans on Dominant Firms," Discussion Paper 2008-001, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Joshy Easaw, 2000. "Network Access Regulation and Competition Policy: An Assessment of the â€œDirect-Plus-Opportunity Costâ€\x9D Regime and Policy Options," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 133-156, June.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "A conditional full frontier approach for investigating the Averch-Johnson effect," MPRA Paper 35491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsGas supply; network access; regulation and competition policy; strategic behaviour;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:18:y:2001:i:4:p:379-396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.