Dynamic pricing of electricity in the mid-Atlantic region: econometric results from the Baltimore gas and electric company experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, Laurits R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "Consistency of residential customer response in time-of-use electricity pricing experiments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 179-203.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & Hledik, Ryan & Sergici, Sanem, 2010. "Piloting the Smart Grid," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 55-69, August.
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, L. R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "The Consistency of the Residential Customer Response in Time-Of-Use Electricity Pricing Experiments," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10798, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & George, Stephen S., 2002. "The Value of Dynamic Pricing in Mass Markets," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 45-55, July.
- Thomas Taylor & Peter Schwarz & James Cochell, 2005. "24/7 Hourly Response to Electricity Real-Time Pricing with up to Eight Summers of Experience," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 235-262, January.
- Ahmad Faruqui & Sanem Sergici, 2010. "Household response to dynamic pricing of electricity: a survey of 15 experiments," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 193-225, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & Sergici, Sanem & Lessem, Neil & Mountain, Dean, 2015. "Impact measurement of tariff changes when experimentation is not an option—A case study of Ontario, Canada," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 39-48.
- Todd D. Gerarden & Richard G. Newell & Robert N. Stavins, 2017.
"Assessing the Energy-Efficiency Gap,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1486-1525, December.
- Todd D. Gerarden & Richard G. Newell & Robert N. Stavins, 2015. "Assessing the Energy-Efficiency Gap," Working Papers 2015.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Todd D. Gerarden & Richard G. Newell & Robert N. Stavins, 2015. "Assessing the Energy-Efficiency Gap," NBER Working Papers 20904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farhad Daruwala & Frank T. Denton & Dean C. Mountain, 2017. "One Size May Not Fit All: Welfare Benefits And Cost Reductions With Differentiated Household Electricity Rates In A General Equilibrium Model," Department of Economics Working Papers 2017-03, McMaster University.
- Yu, Yihua & Guo, Jin, 2016. "Identifying electricity-saving potential in rural China: Empirical evidence from a household survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 1-9.
- Tingwen Liu, 2015. "The Residential Demand for Electricity in South Korea," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(2), pages 73-85, Fabruary.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Eri Nakamura, 2015. "An Analysis of Household Electricity Saving Behavior Using the Stochastic Frontier Function," Discussion Papers 2015-10, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel & Fernández-Gutiérrez, Marcos, 2013. "How consumers’ socio-economic background influences satisfaction: Insights for better utility regulation," MPRA Paper 47271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carroll, James & Lyons, Seán & Denny, Eleanor, 2014. "Reducing household electricity demand through smart metering: The role of improved information about energy saving," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 234-243.
- Ahmad Faruqui, Sanem Sergici, and Lamine Akaba, 2014. "The Impact of Dynamic Pricing on Residential and Small Commercial and Industrial Usage: New Experimental Evidence from Connecticut," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Takuro Tanaka & Eri Nakamura, 2015. "The Effect of Demand Response on Electricity Consumption in Japan," Discussion Papers 2015-02, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Steve A. Fenrick, Lullit Getachew, Chris Ivanov, and Jeff Smith, 2014. "Demand Impact of a Critical Peak Pricing Program: Opt-in and Opt-out Options, Green Attitudes and Other Customer Characteristics," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- James Carroll & Seán Lyons & Eleanor Denny, 2013. "Reducing Electricity Demand through Smart Metering: The Role of Improved Household Knowledge," Trinity Economics Papers tep0313, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ivanov, Chris & Getachew, Lullit & Fenrick, Steve A. & Vittetoe, Bethany, 2013. "Enabling technologies and energy savings: The case of EnergyWise Smart Meter Pilot of Connexus Energy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 76-84.
- Katrina Jessoe & David Rapson, 2015. "Commercial and Industrial Demand Response Under Mandatory Time-of-Use Electricity Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 397-421, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic Pricing; Experiment; Elasticity of substitution; CPP; Demand model; Rate design; L94; D04; D12;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:40:y:2011:i:1:p:82-109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .