The role of income in the formation of new cities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fisher, Ronald C. & Wassmer, Robert W., 1998. "Economic Influences on the Structure of Local Government in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 444-471, May.
- Juliet Ann Musso, 2001. "The Political Economy of City Formation in California: Limits to Tiebout Sorting," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 82(1), pages 139-153.
- Kenny, Lawrence W & Schmidt, Amy B, 1994. "The Decline in the Number of School Districts in the U.S.: 1950-1980," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 1-18, April.
- Filer, John E & Kenny, Lawrence W, 1980. "Voter Reaction to City-County Consolidation Referenda," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 179-190, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björn Kauder, 2016.
"Incorporation of municipalities and population growth: A propensity score matching approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 539-554, August.
- Björn Kauder, 2014. "Incorporation of Municipalities and Population Growth - A Propensity Score Matching Approach," ifo Working Paper Series 188, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:78-89 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCity formation; Municipal incorporation; Redistribution; Population density; H0; H49; H79; R50;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H49 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Other
- H79 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:149:y:2011:i:1:p:75-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .