Asymmetric Two-Stage Group Rent-Seeking: Comparison of Two Contest Structures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grier, Kevin B & McGarrity, Joseph P, 1998. "The Effect of Macroeconomic Fluctuations on the Electoral Fortunes of House Incumbents," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 143-161, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:94:y:2000:i:03:p:665-676_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levitt, Steven D, 1996. "How Do Senators Vote? Disentangling the Role of Voter Preferences, Party Affiliation, and Senate Ideology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 425-441, June.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, May.
- Edward López & Carlos Ramírez, 2004. "Party Polarization and the Business Cycle in the United States," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 413-430, February.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:80:y:1986:i:01:p:89-106_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peltzman, Sam, 1985. "An Economic Interpretation of the History of Congressional Voting in the Twentieth Century," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 656-675, September.
- Arsene Aka & W. Robert Reed & D. Eric Schansberg & Zhen Zhu, 1996. "Is There A "Culture Of Spending" In Congress?," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 191-211, November.
- Herron, Michael C., 2000. "Cutpoint-Adjusted Interest Group Ratings," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 346-366, July.
- W. Reed & D. Schansberg & James Wilbanks & Zhen Zhu, 1998.
"The relationship between congressional spending and tenure with an application to term limits,"
Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 85-104, January.
- Reed, W Robert & Schansberg, D. Eric & Wilbanks, James & Zhu, Zhen, 1998. "The Relationship between Congressional Spending and Tenure with an Application to Term Limits," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(1-2), pages 85-104, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dmitry Ryvkin, 2007. "Tullock contests of weakly heterogeneous players," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 49-64, July.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jay Pil Choi & Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Jaesoo Kim, 2011.
"Group Contests with Internal Conflict and Power Asymmetry,"
University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series
025, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Jay Pil Choi & Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Jaesoo Kim, 2014. "Group Contests with Internal Conflict and Power Asymmetry," CESifo Working Paper Series 5137, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sutter, Matthias & Strassmair, Christina, 2009.
"Communication, cooperation and collusion in team tournaments--An experimental study,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 506-525, May.
- Sutter, Matthias & Strassmair, Christina, 2007. "Communication, cooperation and collusion in team tournaments - An experimental study," Discussion Papers in Economics 2016, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Sutter & Christina Strassmair, 2007. "Communication, cooperation and collusion in team tournaments ? An experimental study," Working Papers 2007-19, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Johannes Münster & Klaas Staal, 2012. "How organizational structure can reduce rent-seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 579-594, March.
- Robin Chark & Amnon Rapoport & Rami Zwick, 2011. "Experimental comparison of two multiple-stage contest designs with asymmetric players," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 305-329, June.
- Gürtler, Oliver, 2006. "Contractual Incentive Provision and Commitment in Rent-Seeking Contests," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 100, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Sina Risse, 2011. "Two-stage group rent-seeking with negatively interdependent preferences," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 259-276, June.
- Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Eric Langlais & Bruno Lovat & Francesco Parisi, 2013. "Asymmetries in Rent-Seeking," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-5, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Kyung Baik, 2008. "Contests with group-specific public-good prizes," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 30(1), pages 103-117, January.
- Kyung Hwan Baik & Jong Hwa Lee, 2013. "Endogenous Timing In Contests With Delegation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(4), pages 2044-2055, October.
- Marco Runkel, 2006. "Optimal contest design, closeness and the contest success function," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 129(1), pages 217-231, October.
- William Stein & Amnon Rapoport, 2005. "Symmetric two-stage contests with budget constraints," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(3), pages 309-328, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:118:y:2004:i:1_2:p:151-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .