Environmental Change, Risky Sexual Behavior, and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic: Linkages Through Livelihoods in Rural Haiti
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith Fawzi, M. C. & Lambert, W. & Singler, J. M. & Tanagho, Y. & Léandre, F. & Nevil, P. & Bertrand, D. & Claude, M. S. & Bertrand, J. & Louissaint, M. & Jeannis, L. & Mukherjee, J. S. & Goldie, S. &, 2005. "Factors associated with forced sex among women accessing health services in rural Haiti: implications for the prevention of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 679-689, February.
- Hunter, Mark, 2007. "The changing political economy of sex in South Africa: The significance of unemployment and inequalities to the scale of the AIDS pandemic," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 689-700, February.
- Verner, Dorte, 2008. "Labor markets in rural and urban Haiti--based on the first household survey for Haiti," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4574, The World Bank.
- Loevinsohn, Michael & Gillespie, Stuart, 2003. "HIV/AIDS, food security and rural livelihoods," FCND briefs 157, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Donohoe, Martin, 2003. "Causes and health consequences of environmental degradation and social injustice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 573-587, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2003.028563_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maynard-Tucker, Gisèle, 1996. "Haiti: Unions, fertility and the quest for survival," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1379-1387, November.
- Dolisca, Frito & McDaniel, Joshua M. & Teeter, Lawrence D. & Jolly, Curtis M., 2007. "Land tenure, population pressure, and deforestation in Haiti: The case of Forêt des Pins Reserve," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 277-289, November.
- Masanjala, Winford, 2007. "The poverty-HIV/AIDS nexus in Africa: A livelihood approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 1032-1041, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fiorella, Kathryn J. & Camlin, Carol S. & Salmen, Charles R. & Omondi, Ruth & Hickey, Matthew D. & Omollo, Dan O. & Milner, Erin M. & Bukusi, Elizabeth A. & Fernald, Lia C.H. & Brashares, Justin S., 2015. "Transactional Fish-for-Sex Relationships Amid Declining Fish Access in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 323-332.
- Emily Smith-Greenaway & Kevin Thomas, 2014. "Exploring Child Mortality Risks Associated with Diverse Patterns of Maternal Migration in Haiti," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 33(6), pages 873-895, December.
More about this item
KeywordsDeforestation; Environment; Haiti; HIV/AIDS; Rural livelihoods; Natural resources; Population; Remote sensing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:poprpr:v:30:y:2011:i:5:p:729-750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .