Determinants of Different Modes of FDI: Firm-Level Evidence from Japanese FDI into the US
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mara Faccio & Ronald W. Masulis, 2005. "The Choice of Payment Method in European Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1345-1388, June.
- Klein, Michael W. & Rosengren, Eric, 1994.
"The real exchange rate and foreign direct investment in the United States : Relative wealth vs. relative wage effects,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 373-389, May.
- Michael W. Klein & Eric Rosengren, 1992. "The Real Exchange Rate and Foreign Direct Investment in the United States: Relative Wealth vs. Relative Wage Effects," NBER Working Papers 4192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael W. Klein & Eric S. Rosengren, 1992. "The real exchange rate and foreign direct investment in the United States: relative wealth vs. relative wage effects," Working Papers 92-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Miao Wang, 2009. "Manufacturing FDI and economic growth: evidence from Asian economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 991-1002.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-1217.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Horst Raff & Michael J. Ryan, 2008.
"Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Horst Raff & Michael Ryan, 2006. "Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects," CESifo Working Paper Series 1874, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007. "Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects," Economics Working Papers 2007-22, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Entry and Exit Decisions under Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 620-638, June.
- Bruce Blonigen, 2005.
"A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2005. "A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants," NBER Working Papers 11299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Gibson, Michael S, 1995. "Can Bank Health Affect Investment? Evidence from Japan," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 281-308, July.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- John H Dunning, 1988. "The Eclectic Paradigm of International Production: A Restatement and Some Possible Extensions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E, 1991. " Firm Size and Foreign Operations of Multinationals," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 101-107.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alice Y. Ouyang & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2017. "Impact of Terrorism on Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As): Prevalence, Frequency and Intensity," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 79-106, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; Merger and acquisition; Joint venture; New plant; Multinomial logit model; F21; F23;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:24:y:2013:i:3:p:425-446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .