Technology Transfer from Acquisition FDI and the Absorptive Capacity of Domestic Firms: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Lenn Gomes & Kannan Ramaswamy, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of the Form of the Relationship Between Multinationality and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 173-187, March.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789814749237_0008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Lapan, Harvey & Bardhan, Pranab, 1973. "Localized technical progress and transfer of technology and economic development," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 585-595, December.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996. "Competition and Corporate Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-746, August.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2016.
"Multinational Companies And Productivity Spillovers: A Meta-Analysis,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISES AND HOST COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT Volume 53: World Scientific Studies in International Economics, chapter 8, pages 145-161
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Productivity Spillovers: A Meta-analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(475), pages 723-739, November.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anderson, T. W. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Formulation and estimation of dynamic models using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 47-82, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fioretti, Guido, 2006.
"Recognising investment opportunities at the onset of recoveries,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 69-84, June.
- Guido Fioretti, "undated". "Recognizing Investment Opportunities at the Onset of Recoveries," Modeling, Computing, and Mastering Complexity 2003 07, Society for Computational Economics.
- Guido Fioretti, 2002. "Recognizing Investment Opportunities at the Onset of Recoveries," Macroeconomics 0207008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lale Berkoz & Sevkiye Sence Turk, 2005. "Factors Influencing The Choice Of Fdi Locations In Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa05p434, European Regional Science Association.
- Valeria Gattai & Giorgia Sali, 2016.
"FDI and heterogeneous performance of European enterprises,"
Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics,
Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(1), pages 25-65, March.
- Valeria Gattai & Giorgia Sali, 2016. "FDI and heterogeneous performance of European enterprises," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(1), pages 25-65, March.
- Valeria Gattai & Giorgia Sali, 2015. "FDI and Heterogeneous Performance of European Enterprises," Working Papers 291, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2015.
- repec:sae:envira:v:49:y:2017:i:12:p:2718-2738 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siedschlag Iulia & Kaitila Ville & McQuinn John & Zhang Xiaoheng, 2014.
"International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 662-687, December.
- Kaitila, Ville & McQuinn, John & Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng, 2013. "International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies," ETLA Reports 6, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Keiko Suganuma, 2015.
"Foreign direct investment and regional economic development in Russia: an econometric assessment,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 209-255, November.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Suganuma, Keiko, 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Economic Development in Russia: An Econometric Assessment," RRC Working Paper Series 44, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kokko Ari & Söderlund Bengt & Tingvall Patrik Gustavsson, 2014.
"Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 688-721, December.
- Kokko, Ari & Söderlund, Bengt & Gustavsson Tingvall, Patrik, 2013. "Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions," Ratio Working Papers 226, The Ratio Institute.
- Cristina JUDE, 2012.
"Horizontal and Vertical Technology Spillovers from FDI in Eastern Europe,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
710, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Cristina Jude, 2012. "Horizontal and Vertical Technology Spillovers from FDI in Eastern Europe," Working Papers halshs-00828022, HAL.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:1124-1140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsai, Kuen-Hung & Wang, Jiann-Chyuan, 2009. "External technology sourcing and innovation performance in LMT sectors: An analysis based on the Taiwanese Technological Innovation Survey," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 518-526, April.
- Georgopoulos, Antonios & Preusse, Heinz Gert, 2009. "Cross-border acquisitions vs. Greenfield investment: A comparative performance analysis in Greece," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 592-605, December.
- Iuliana Oana MIHAI, 2014. "A Literature Review of Foreign Ownership and Company Performance," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 75-82.
- Chen, Wenjie, 2011. "The effect of investor origin on firm performance: Domestic and foreign direct investment in the United States," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 219-228, March.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci & Carlo Pietrobelli, 2014. "International Linkages, Value Added Trade and LAC Firms' Productivity," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0198, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Holger Görg & Adnan Seric, 2016. "Linkages with Multinationals and Domestic Firm Performance: The Role of Assistance for Local Firms," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 28(4), pages 605-624, September.
- Schiffbauer, Marc & Siedschlag, Iulia & Ruane, Frances, 2017.
"Do foreign mergers and acquisitions boost firm productivity?,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1124-1140.
- Marc Schiffbauer & Iulia Siedschlag & Frances Ruane, 2009. "Do Foreign Mergers and Acquisitions Boost Firm Productivity?," Papers WP305, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Tsai, Kuen-Hung & Wang, Jiann-Chyuan, 2008. "External technology acquisition and firm performance: A longitudinal study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 91-112, January.
- Choi, Jeongho & Yeniyurt, Sengun, 2015. "Contingency distance factors and international research and development (R&D), marketing, and manufacturing alliance formations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1061-1071.
- Antonios Georgopoulos & George Argyros & Giota Boura, 2008. "Which Targets Stimulate Cross-border Acquisitions? An Empirical Investigation of Industrial Organization and Trade Factors within a Competition Framework of International and Domestic Acquisition Targ," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 55-72, March.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; acquisitions; productivity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:16:y:2005:i:2:p:175-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.