Localized technical progress and transfer of technology and economic development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kwon, Chul-Woo & Chun, Bong Geul, 2015. "The effect of strategic technology adoptions by local firms on technology spillover," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 13-20.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:546-571 is not listed on IDEAS
- Girma, Sourafel & Kneller, Richard & Pisu, Mauro, 2007. "Do exporters have anything to learn from foreign multinationals?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 993-1010, May.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Keiko Suganuma, 2015.
"Foreign direct investment and regional economic development in Russia: an econometric assessment,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 209-255, November.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Suganuma, Keiko, 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Economic Development in Russia: An Econometric Assessment," RRC Working Paper Series 44, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- World Bank, 2001. "Mexico : Technology, Wages and Employment, Volume 1. Main Document," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15432, The World Bank.
- Girma, Sourafel & Wakelin, Katharine, 2001. "Regional Underdevelopment: Is FDI the Solution? A Semiparametric Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 2995, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fredrik Sjoholm, 1999.
"Technology gap, competition and spillovers from direct foreign investment: Evidence from establishment data,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 53-73.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1997. "Technology Gap, Competition and Spillovers from Direct Foreign Investment: Evidence from Establishment Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 212, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Manh Vu LE & Terukazu Suruga, 2005. "The Effects of FDI and Public Expenditure on Economic Growth: From Theoretical Model to Empirical Evidence," GSICS Working Paper Series 2, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
- Crespo, Nuno & Fontoura, Maria Paula, 2007.
"Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 410-425, March.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2005. "Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers – What Do We Really Know?," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/06, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Kokko Ari & Söderlund Bengt & Tingvall Patrik Gustavsson, 2014.
"Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 688-721, December.
- Kokko, Ari & Söderlund, Bengt & Gustavsson Tingvall, Patrik, 2013. "Redirecting International Trade: Contracts, Conflicts, and Institutions," Ratio Working Papers 226, The Ratio Institute.
- Lopez-Acevedo,Gladys C., 2002. "Determinants of technology adoption in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2780, The World Bank.
- Leonard Cheng, 1984. "International trade and technology: A brief survey of the recent literature," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 120(1), pages 165-189, March.
- Montobbio, Fabio & Sterzi, Valerio, 2013.
"The Globalization of Technology in Emerging Markets: A Gravity Model on the Determinants of International Patent Collaborations,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 281-299.
- Montobbio Fabio & Sterzi Valerio, 2012. "The globalization of technology in emerging markets: a gravity model on the determinants of international patent collaborations," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201208, University of Turin.
- Fabio Montobbio & Valerio Sterzi, 2012. "The globalization of technology in emerging markets: a gravity model on the determinants of international patent collaborations," Post-Print hal-00779900, HAL.
- Fabio MONTOBBIO (University of Turin & KITES, Bocconi University, Milan) & Valerio STERZI (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113 & KITES, Bocconi University, Milan), 2012. "The globalization of technology in emerging markets: a gravity model on the determinants of international patent collaborations," Cahiers du GREThA 2012-05, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- World Bank, 2001. "Mexico : Technology, Wages and Employment, Volume 2. Technical Papers," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15433, The World Bank.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2007.
"Multinationals' Productivity Advantage: Scale Or Technology?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 350-362, April.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2006. "Multinationals' Productivity Advantage: Scale or Technology," CEPR Discussion Papers 5841, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Stephen Gelb, 2005.
"Determinants of Entry Mode Choice of MNCs in Emerging Markets : Evidence from South Africa and Egypt,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 41(2), pages 5-24, March.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Stephen Gelb, 2005. "Determinants of Entry Mode Choice of MNCs in Emerging Markets : Evidence from South Africa and Egypt," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 5-24, March.
- Birte Pfeiffer & Holger Goerg & Lucia Perez-Villar, 2014.
"The Heterogeneity of FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa – How Do the Horizontal Productivity Effects of Emerging Investors Differ from Those of Traditional Players?,"
GIGA Working Paper Series
262, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Pfeiffer, Birte & Görg, Holger & Perez-Villar, Lucia, 2015. "The heterogeneity of FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa: How do the horizontal productivity effects of emerging investors differ from those of traditional players?," Kiel Working Papers 1981, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Miozzo, Marcela & Grimshaw, Damian, 2008. "Service multinationals and forward linkages with client firms: The case of IT outsourcing in Argentina and Brazil," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 8-27, February.
- Siedschlag Iulia & Kaitila Ville & McQuinn John & Zhang Xiaoheng, 2014.
"International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 662-687, December.
- Kaitila, Ville & McQuinn, John & Siedschlag, Iulia & Zhang, Xiaoheng, 2013. "International Investment and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Small Open Economies," ETLA Reports 6, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Noor Aini Khalifah & Salmah Mohd Salleh & Radziah Adam, 2015. "FDI productivity spillovers and the technology gap in Malaysia's electrical and electronic industries," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 29(1), pages 142-160, May.
- Sourafel Girma, 2005.
"Absorptive Capacity and Productivity Spillovers from FDI: A Threshold Regression Analysis,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(3), pages 281-306, June.
- Sourafel Girma, 2003. "Absorptive capacity and productivity spillovers From FDI: a threshold regression analysis," European Economy Group Working Papers 25, European Economy Group.
- Vinish Kathuria, 2000. "Productivity spillovers from technology transfer to Indian manufacturing firms," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 343-369, April.
- Sourafel Girma, 2005. "Technology Transfer from Acquisition FDI and the Absorptive Capacity of Domestic Firms: An Empirical Investigation," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 175-187, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:6:y:1973:i:6:p:585-595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.