The Long-Horizon Performance of REIT Mergers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Loderer & Kenneth Martin, 1992. "Postacquisition Performance of Acquiring Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(3), Fall.
- Robert Campbell & Chinmoy Ghosh & C. Sirmans, 2005. "Value Creation and Governance Structure in Reit Mergers," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 225-239, September.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Sergeant, Anne M. A., 2001. "Interacting biases, non-normal return distributions and the performance of tests for long-horizon event studies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 741-765, April.
- Langetieg, Terence C., 1978. "An application of a three-factor performance index to measure stockholder gains from merger," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 365-383, December.
- Pavel G. Savor & Qi Lu, 2009. "Do Stock Mergers Create Value for Acquirers?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1061-1097, June.
- Olgun Fuat Sahin, 2005. "The Performance of Acquisitions in the Real Estate Investment Trust Industry," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 27(3), pages 321-342.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- Robert D. Campbell & Chinmoy Ghosh & C. F. Sirmans, 2001. "The Information Content of Method of Payment in Mergers: Evidence from Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 361-387.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Erasmo Giambona & Carmelo Giaccotto & C.F. Sirmans, 2005. "The Long-Run Performance of REIT Stock Repurchases," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 351-380, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon N, 1992. " The Post-merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1605-1621, September.
- Christa H. S. Bouwman & Kathleen Fuller & Amrita S. Nain, 2009. "Market Valuation and Acquisition Quality: Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 633-679, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:57:y:2017:i:3:p:855-877 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Petrova, Milena & Xiao, Yihong, 2012. "Do REITs use cash reserves efficiently? Evidence from corporate acquisitions," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1953-1970.
- Kiplan Womack, 2012. "Real Estate Mergers: Corporate Control & Shareholder Wealth," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 446-471, May.
- Chiuling Lu & Tzujui Mao & Yang-pin Shen, 2015. "Beyond friendly acquisitions: the case of REITs," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 139-159, January.
- Chris Ratcliffe & Bill Dimovski & Monica Keneley, 2017. "The Performance of REIT Acquirers in the Post-Merger Period," ERES eres2017_43, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
More about this item
KeywordsReal Estate Investment Trusts; REITs; EREITs; Mergers; Buy-and-hold abnormal returns; BHARs; Post-merger performance; G14; G34;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:38:y:2009:i:2:p:105-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.