An application of a three-factor performance index to measure stockholder gains from merger
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuela, Wilfred S. & Rhoades, Dawna L. & Curtis, Tamilla, 2016. "The U.S. Airways Group: A post-merger analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(PB), pages 138-150.
- Etienne Redor, 2016. "Board attributes and shareholder wealth in mergers and acquisitions: a survey of the literature," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(4), pages 789-821, December.
- Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2007. "Corporate governance and the returns to acquiring firms' shareholders: an international comparison," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(8), pages 879-896.
- Leszek Czerwonka, 2011. "Announcement Of The Exchange Ratio Of The Merging Companies - Impact On The Acquiring Firms "," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 58, pages 83-90, november.
- Raghavendra Rau, P. & Vermaelen, Theo, 1998. "Glamour, value and the post-acquisition performance of acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 223-253, August.
- Adesoji Adelaja & Rodolfo Nayga & Zafar Farooq, 1999. "Predicting mergers and acquisitions in the food industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 1-23.
- Lynn E. Browne & Eric S. Rosengren, 1987. "Are hostile takeovers different?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 31, pages 199-242.
- Lynn E. Browne & Eric S. Rosengren, 1988. "The merger boom: proceedings of a conference held October 1987," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 31(Oct).
- Tao, Fang & Liu, Xiaohui & Gao, Lan & Xia, Enjun, 2017. "Do cross-border mergers and acquisitions increase short-term market performance? The case of Chinese firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 189-202.
- Caspar Rose, 2002. "Corporate Financial Performance and the Use of Takeover Defenses," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 91-112, March.
- Elena MELIA-MARTI & Ana Maria MARTINEZ-GARCIA, 2015. "Characterization And Analysis Of Cooperative Mergers And Their Results," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 479-504, September.
- Chris Ratcliffe & Bill Dimovski & Monica Keneley, 2017. "The Performance of REIT Acquirers in the Post-Merger Period," ERES eres2017_43, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2005.
"Takeover Waves : Triggers, Performance and Motives,"
2005-029, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2005. "Takeover Waves : Triggers, Performance and Motives," Discussion Paper 2005-107, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:uts:finphd:35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martynova, M., 2006. "The market for corporate control and corporate governance regulation in Europe," Other publications TiSEM 8651e281-4914-41f2-ac14-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Robert Campbell & Erasmo Giambona & C. Sirmans, 2009. "The Long-Horizon Performance of REIT Mergers," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 105-114, February.
- Rose, Caspar, 2002. "Impact of Takeover Defenses on Managerial Incentives," Working Papers 2002-5, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Dosoung Choi & George C. Philippatos, 1983. "An Examination Of Merger Synergism," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(3), pages 239-256, September.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1987. "The free cash flow theory of takeovers: a financial perspective on mergers and acquisitions and the economy," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 31, pages 102-148.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:57:y:2017:i:3:p:855-877 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee Siew Peng & Mansor Isa, 2012. "Long-term share performance of Malaysian acquiring firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(10), pages 958-976, August.
- Abhay Abhyankar & Keng-Yu Ho & Huainan Zhao, 2005. "Long-run post-merger stock performance of UK acquiring firms: a stochastic dominance perspective," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(10), pages 679-690.
- Tadanori Yosano & Yoshinori Shimada, 2008. "Cross-sectional Stock Returns on Fundamental Value vs. Market Value in Mergers and Acquisitions: Evidence from Japan," Discussion Papers 2008-59, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:21:y:1990:i:1990-3:p:287-335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Louis, Henock, 2004. "Earnings management and the market performance of acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 121-148, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:6:y:1978:i:4:p:365-383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.