On the Technically Efficient Organization of an Industry: A Study of U.S. Airlines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry Tulkens, 1993.
"On FDH efficiency analysis: Some methodological issues and applications to retail banking, courts, and urban transit,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 183-210, June.
- TULKENS,Â Henry, 1993. "On FDH efficiency analysis: some methodological issues and applications to retail banking, courts, and urban transit," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Li, Sung-Ko, 1992. " Linear Programming Models for Firm and Industry Performance," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 599-608.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Maindiratta, Ajay, 1990. "Largest size-efficient scale and size efficiencies of decision-making units in data envelopment analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 57-72.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:37-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chandra, Pankaj & Cooper, William W. & Li, Shanling & Rahman, Atiqur, 1998. "Using DEA To evaluate 29 Canadian textile companies -- Considering returns to scale," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 129-141, January.
- Ray, Subhash, 2016. "Cost efficiency in an Indian bank branch network: A centralized resource allocation model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 69-81.
- Blancard, Stéphane & Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Leleu, Hervé, 2016.
"Potential gains from specialization and diversification further to the reorganization of activities,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 60-68.
- Stéphane Blancard & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Jean-Paul Chavas & Herve Leleu, 2016. "Potential gains from specialization and diversification further to the reorganization of activities," Post-Print hal-01533526, HAL.
- Peyrache, Antonio, 2015. "Cost constrained industry inefficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 996-1002.
- Hien Thu Pham & Antonio Peyrache, 2015. "Industry Inefficiency Measures: A Unifying Approximation Proposition," CEPA Working Papers Series WP102015, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Some Mathematical and Historical Clarifications on Aggregation in Efficiency and Productivity Analysis and Connection to Economic Theory," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
Keywordssize efficiency; industry restructuring; integer programming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:8:y:1997:i:1:p:5-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.