Closed-form solution for a bivariate distribution in stochastic frontier models with dependent errors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1993.
"Tests of Independence in Parametric Models with Applications and Illustrations,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 29-43, January.
- Cameron, C. & Trivedi, P.K., 1992. "Tests of Independence in Parametric Models : with Applications and Illustrations," Papers 9237, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Cameron, A. & Trivedi, P., 1992. "Tests of Independence in Parametric Models : With Applications and Illustrations," Discussion Paper 1992-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Murray D. Smith, 2008. "Stochastic frontier models with dependent error components," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 11(1), pages 172-192, March.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "On the estimation of a flexible frontier production model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-115, May.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Ali, Mir M. & Mikhail, N. N. & Haq, M. Safiul, 1978. "A class of bivariate distributions including the bivariate logistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 405-412, September.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Young-Hoon Park & Peter S. Fader, 2004. "Modeling Browsing Behavior at Multiple Websites," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 280-303, May.
- Danaher, Peter J. & Hardie, Bruce G.S., 2005. "Bacon With Your Eggs? Applications of a New Bivariate Beta-Binomial Distribution," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 59, pages 282-286, November.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- George E. Battese & Greg S. Corra, 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 169-179, December.
- Cécile Amblard & Stéphane Girard, 2009. "A new extension of bivariate FGM copulas," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-11, December.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "A test for distributional assumptions for the stochastic frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 245-267, August.
- Peter J. Danaher & Michael S. Smith, 2011. "Modeling Multivariate Distributions Using Copulas: Applications in Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 4-21, 01-02.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnical and cost efficiencies; Stochastic frontier; Marginal distribution; Dependence; Sarmanov model; C01; C13; C21; C51;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:43:y:2015:i:2:p:215-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.