Seasonality, consumer heterogeneity and price indexes: the case of prepackaged software
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franklin M. Fisher & Zvi Griliches, 1995. "Aggregate Price Indices, New Goods, and Generics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 229-244.
- Mark Bils, 1989. "Pricing in a Customer Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 699-718.
- Aizcorbe, Ana & Bridgman, Benjamin & Nalewaik, Jeremy, 2010. "Heterogeneous car buyers: A stylized fact," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 50-53, October.
- Marc Prud'homme & Dimitri Sanga & Kam Yu, 2005. "A computer software price index using scanner data," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 999-1017, August.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2003. "Introduction to "Scanner Data and Price Indexes"," NBER Chapters,in: Scanner Data and Price Indexes, pages 1-14 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2003. "Scanner Data and Price Indexes," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feen03-1.
- Diewert, W. Erwin, 1999. "Index Number Approaches To Seasonal Adjustment," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 48-68, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David M. Byrne & John G. Fernald & Marshall B. Reinsdorf, 2016.
"Does the United States Have a Productivity Slowdown or a Measurement Problem?,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 47(1 (Spring), pages 109-182.
- Byrne, David M. & Fernald, John G. & Reinsdorf, Marshall B., 2016. "Does the United States have a productivity slowdown or a measurement problem?," Working Paper Series 2016-3, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Byrne, David M. & Reinsdorf, Marshall B. & Fernald, John G., 2016. "Does the United States have a Productivity Slowdown or a Measurement Problem," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Daniel Melser & Iqbal A. Syed, 2013. "Prices over the Product Life Cycle: Implications for Quality-Adjustment and the Measurement of Inflation," Discussion Papers 2013-26, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- repec:aei:rpaper:37301 is not listed on IDEAS
- David M. Byrne & Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2013.
"Is the Information Technology Revolution Over?,"
International Productivity Monitor,
Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 25, pages 20-36, Spring.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel & David M. Byrne, 2013. "Is the information technology revolution over?," AEI Economics Working Papers 4618, American Enterprise Institute.
- David M. Byrne & Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2013. "Is the information technology revolution over?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsSeasonal adjustment; Software prices; Heterogeneity; Price indexes; C43; E31; L86;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:39:y:2013:i:1:p:47-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.