Productivity Growth and Convergence in the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durlauf, Steven N. & Quah, Danny T., 1999.
"The new empirics of economic growth,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 235-308
- Steven N. Durlauf & Danny T. Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 6422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Quah,D.T., 1998. "The new empirics of economic growth," Working papers 3, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Danny T. Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-01-012, Santa Fe Institute.
- S Durlauf & Danny Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," CEP Discussion Papers dp0384, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Stefano Scarpetta & Philip Hemmings & Thierry Tressel & Jaejoon Woo, 2002. "The Role of Policy and Institutions for Productivity and Firm Dynamics: Evidence from Micro and Industry Data," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 329, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael & Triebs, Thomas, 2008.
"Productivity and efficiency of US gas transmission companies: A European regulatory perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3398-3412, September.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M.G. & Triebs, T., 2008. "Productivity and Efficiency of US Gas Transmission Companies: A European Regulatory Perspective," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0812, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- López-Pueyo, Carmen & Mancebón, María-Jesús, 2010. "Innovation, accumulation and assimilation: Three sources of productivity growth in ICT industries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 268-285, March.
- Carmen López Pueyo & Mª Jesús Mancebón Torrubia, 2009. "Sources of productivity growth and convergence in ict industries: an intertemporal non-parametric frontier approach?," Documentos de Trabajo dt2009-04, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Ceccobelli, M. & Gitto, S. & Mancuso, P., 2012.
"ICT capital and labour productivity growth: A non-parametric analysis of 14 OECD countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 282-292.
- Ceccobelli, Matteo & Gitto, Simone & Paolo, Mancuso, 2012. "ICT capital and labour productivity growth: A non-parametric analysis of 14 OECD countries," MPRA Paper 68642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Horta, Isabel M. & Camanho, Ana S., 2015. "A nonparametric methodology for evaluating convergence in a multi-input multi-output setting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 554-561.
- Krasnopjorovs, Olegs, 2013.
"Latvijas ekonomikas izaugsmi noteicošie faktori
[Factors of Economic Growth in Latvia]," MPRA Paper 47550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimitris Margaritis & Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 2007. "Productivity, convergence and policy: a study of OECD countries and industries," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 87-105, October.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008.
"Technological Change and Transition: Relative Contributions to Worldwide Growth During the 1990s,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(4), pages 461-492, August.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Technological Change and Transition: Relative Contributions to Worldwide Growth during the 1990s," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 740, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Cristina Suárez & Justo Jorge, 2010. "Efficiency convergence processes and effects of regulation in the nonspecialized retail sector in Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 573-597, June.
- Alexander Schiersch & Heike Belitz & Martin Gornig, 2012.
"Is Technical Progress Sectorally Concentrated?: An Empirical Analysis for Western European Countries,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1217, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schiersch, Alexander & Gornig, Martin & Belitz, Heike, 2013. "Is technical progress sectorally concentrated? An empirical analysis for Western European countries," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79725, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Niţoi, Mihai & Pochea, Maria Miruna, 2016. "Testing financial markets convergence in Central and Eastern Europe: A non-linear single factor model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 323-334.
- Alessandro Manello, 2008. "Produttività, progresso tecnico ed efficienza nei paesi OCSE," CERIS Working Paper 200807, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Benjamin David, 2014. "On the information and communication technologies - productivity nexus: a long-lasting adjustment period," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-60, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Pedro Lains, 2008. "The Portuguese Economy in the Irish Mirror, 1960–2004," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 667-683, November.
- Simone Gitto & Paolo Mancuso, 2015. "The contribution of physical and human capital accumulation to Italian regional growth: a nonparametric perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Ester G. Silva & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2011.
"Does structure influence growth? A panel data econometric assessment of "relatively less developed" countries, 1979--2003,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 457-510, April.
- Ester Gomes da Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2009. "Does structure influence growth? A panel data econometric assessment of ‘relatively less developed’ countries, 1979-2003," FEP Working Papers 316, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Walheer, Barnabé, 2016. "Growth and convergence of the OECD countries: A multi-sector production-frontier approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 252(2), pages 665-675.
- Tomáš Volek & Martina Novotná, 2015. "Gross Value Added and Total Factor Productivity In Czech Sectors," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 9(1), April.
- Kamil Makieła, 2014. "Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Economic Growth and Productivity Change in the EU, USA, Japan and Switzerland," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 6(3), pages 193-216, September.
- Amin Mugera & Michael Langemeier & Allen Featherstone, 2012. "Labor productivity convergence in the Kansas farm sector: a three-stage procedure using data envelopment analysis and semiparametric regression analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 63-79, August.
- José Afonso Mendes & Sandra T. Silva & Ester G. Silva, 2014. "Portuguese economic growth revisited: a technology-gap explanation," FEP Working Papers 545, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ku-Hsieh Chen & Hao-Yen Yang, 2011. "A cross-country comparison of productivity growth using the generalised metafrontier Malmquist productivity index: with application to banking industries in Taiwan and China," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 197-212, June.
- Chen, Ku-Hsieh & Huang, Yi-Ju & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2009. "Analysis of regional productivity growth in China: A generalized metafrontier MPI approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 777-792, December.
More about this item
KeywordsDistance function; Malmquist index; DEA; TFP; Productivity convergence; D24; O47;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:25:y:2006:i:1:p:111-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .