Accounting for Environmental Effects and Statistical Noise in Data Envelopment Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Fried, Harold O. & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Eeckaut, Philippe Vanden, 1993.
"Evaluating the performance of US credit unions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 251-265, April.
- FRIED, Harold O. & LOVELL, C.A. Knox & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Evoluating the performance of the US credit unions," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luis R. Murillo‐Zamorano, 2004. "Economic Efficiency and Frontier Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 33-77, February.
- J. Cummins & Hongmin Zi, 1998.
"Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods: An Application to the U.S. Life Insurance Industry,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 131-152, October.
- J. David Cummins & Hongmin Zi, 1997. "Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods: An Application to the U.S. Life Insurance Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Brenda Gannon, 2005.
"Testing for Variation in Technical Efficiency of Hospitals in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(3), pages 273-294.
- Gannon, Brenda, 2005. "Testing for Variation in Technical Efficiency of Hospitals in Ireland," Papers HRBWP20, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- A. M. Theodoridis & A. Psychoudakis, 2008. "Efficiency Measurement in Greek Dairy Farms: Stochastic Frontier vs. Data Envelopment Analysis," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), International Hellenic University (IHU), Kavala Campus, Greece (formerly Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology - EMaTTech), vol. 1(2), pages 53-67, December.
- C. Lovell & Shawna Grosskopf & Eduardo Ley & Jesús Pastor & Diego Prior & Philippe Eeckaut, 1994.
"Linear programming approaches to the measurement and analysis of productive efficiency,"
TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 2(2), pages 175-248, December.
- Lovell, C.A.K., 1993. "Linear Programming Approaches to the Measurement and Analysis of Productive Efficiency," Papers 393e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Mai, Nhat Chi, 2015. "Efficiency of the banking system in Vietnam under financial liberalization," OSF Preprints qsf6d, Center for Open Science.
- Jaeho Shin & Changhee Kim & Hongsuk Yang, 2018. "The Effect of Sustainability as Innovation Objectives on Innovation Efficiency," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(6), pages 1-13, June.
- Chiu, Yung-Ho & Chen, Yu-Chuan, 2009. "The analysis of Taiwanese bank efficiency: Incorporating both external environment risk and internal risk," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 456-463, March.
- William Cooper & Zhimin Huang & Vedran Lelas & Susan Li & Ole Olesen, 1998. "Chance Constrained Programming Formulations for Stochastic Characterizations of Efficiency and Dominance in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 53-79, January.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Efficiency in Europe. Assessing Bank Performance Across Markets," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31499, October.
- Büschken, Joachim, 2009. "When does data envelopment analysis outperform a naïve efficiency measurement model?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 647-657, January.
- Miki Tsutsui & Kaoru Tone, 2007. "Separation of uncontrollable factors and time shift effects from DEA scores," GRIPS Discussion Papers 07-09, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Rowlands, Terry, 2008. "How to better identify the true managerial performance: State of the art using DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 317-324, April.
- Vittadini, Giorgio & Sturaro, Caterina & Folloni, Giuseppe, 2022. "Non-Cognitive Skills and Cognitive Skills to measure school efficiency," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
- Thanh Ngo & Kan Wai Hong Tsui, 2022. "Estimating the confidence intervals for DEA efficiency scores of Asia-Pacific airlines," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 3411-3434, September.
- Francisco Javier Sáez-Fernández & Andrés J. Picazo-Tadeo & Mercedes Beltrán-Esteve & Caroline Elliott, 2015. "Assessing the performance of the Latin American and Caribbean banking industry: Are domestic and foreign banks so different?," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1006976-100, December.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Streitwieser, Mary L., 1989.
"Technical Inefficiency And Productive Decline In The U.S. Interstate Natural Gas Pipline Industry Under The Natural Gas Policy Act,"
89-20, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Mary L Streitwieser & Robin C Sickles, 1991. "Technical Inefficiency And Productive Decline In The U.S. Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline Industry Under The Natural Gas Policy Act," Working Papers 91-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Song, Wonho & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2018.
"Econometric Analysis of Productivity: Theory and Implementation in R,"
18-008, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Robin C. Sickles & Wonho Song & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Econometric Analysis of Productivity: Theory and Implementation in R," CEPA Working Papers Series WP082018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Andrew C. Worthington, 2010.
"Frontier Efficiency Measurement In Deposit‐Taking Financial Mutuals: A Review Of Techniques, Applications, And Future Research Directions,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(1), pages 39-75, March.
- Andrew C. Worthington, 2009. "Frontier Efficiency Measurement in Deposit-taking Financial Mutuals: A Review of Techniques, Application, and Future Research Directions," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:200911, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Michael Zschille & Matthias Walter, 2012.
"The performance of German water utilities: a (semi)-parametric analysis,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(29), pages 3749-3764, October.
- Michael Zschille & Matthias Walter, 2011. "The Performance of German Water Utilities: A (Semi)-Parametric Analysis," Post-Print hal-00712372, HAL.
- Michael Zschille & Matthias Walter, 2011. "The Performance of German Water Utilities: A (Semi)-Parametric Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1118, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsenvironmental effects; managerial inefficiency; statistical noise; slacks;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:17:y:2002:i:1:p:157-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.