Corporate social reporting and board representation: evidence from the Kenyan banking sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Eng, L. L. & Mak, Y. T., 2003. "Corporate governance and voluntary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 325-345.
- Dulacha G. Barako & Phil Hancock & H. Y. Izan, 2006. "Factors Influencing Voluntary Corporate Disclosure by Kenyan Companies," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 107-125, March.
- Ayuso, Silvia & Argandoña, Antonio, 2007. "Responsible corporate governance: Towards a stakeholder board of directors?," IESE Research Papers D/701, IESE Business School.
- Franks, Julian & Mayer, Colin & Renneboog, Luc, 2001.
"Who Disciplines Management in Poorly Performing Companies?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 209-248, July.
- Luc Renneboog & Julian Franks & Colin Mayer, 1999. "Who Disciplines Management in Poorly Performing Companies?," OFRC Working Papers Series 1999fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Franks, Julian R & Mayer, Colin & Renneboog, Luc, 2001. "Who Disciplines Management in Poorly Performing Companies?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2949, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Theresa Moyo & Shannon Rohan, 2006. "Corporate citizenship in the context of the financial services sector: what lessons from the Financial Sector Charter?," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 289-303.
- Sunee Ratanajongkol & Howard Davey & Mary Low, 2006. "Corporate social reporting in Thailand: The news is all good and increasing," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 67-83, April.
- Niclas L. Erhardt & James D. Werbel & Charles B. Shrader, 2003. "Board of Director Diversity and Firm Financial Performance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 102-111, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ntim, Collins G. & Lindop, Sarah & Thomas, Dennis A., 2013. "Corporate governance and risk reporting in South Africa: A study of corporate risk disclosures in the pre- and post-2007/2008 global financial crisis periods," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 363-383.
- Adela Socol, 2016. "Banking Audit - Towards a Higher Degree of Harmonization," Finante - provocarile viitorului (Finance - Challenges of the Future), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(18), pages 7-20, November.
- Mehmoona Sharif & Kashif Rashid, 2014. "Corporate governance and corporate social responsibility (CSR) reporting: an empirical evidence from commercial banks (CB) of Pakistan," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(5), pages 2501-2521, September.
- Aila Virtanen, 2012. "Women on the boards of listed companies: Evidence from Finland," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(4), pages 571-593, November.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1006-:d:101100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yenni Viviana Duque Orozco & Deissy Martínez Barón, 2012. "Responsabilidad Social Empresarial en la Dimensión Laboral: Caso Bancolombia y BBVA," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA, June.
- Kathyayini Rao & Carol Tilt, 2016. "Board Composition and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Diversity, Gender, Strategy and Decision Making," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 327-347, October.
- Collins Ntim & Teerooven Soobaroyen, 2013. "Black Economic Empowerment Disclosures by South African Listed Corporations: The Influence of Ownership and Board Characteristics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 121-138, August.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:17:y:2014:i:1:p:5-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonja Fink Babic & Roberto Biloslavo, 2011. "Corporate Sustainability Reporting: Opportunities and Challenges in a Post-Transition Country," MIC 2011: Managing Sustainability? Proceedings of the 12th International Conference, Portorož, 23–26 November 2011 [Selected Papers], University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper.
- Klein, Florian, 2015. "Identifikation potenzieller Nachhaltigkeitsindikatoren von Genossenschaftsbanken: Eine Literaturstudie," Arbeitspapiere 148, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Andrikopoulos, Andreas & Samitas, Aristeidis & Bekiaris, Michalis, 2014. "Corporate social responsibility reporting in financial institutions: Evidence from Euronext," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 27-35.
- Ntim, Collins G., 2016. "Corporate governance, corporate health accounting, and firm value: The case of HIV/AIDS disclosures in Sub-Saharan Africa," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 155-216.
- Amel Ben Rhouma & Tristant Boyer, 2012. "Le Reporting Developpement Durable Des Banques Françaises Quelle Integration Des Enjeux Dd Specifiques Au Secteur De La Finance," Post-Print hal-00691157, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1319-:d:106214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose-Manuel Prado-Lorenzo & Isabel-Maria Garcia-Sanchez, 2010. "The Role of the Board of Directors in Disseminating Relevant Information on Greenhouse Gases," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(3), pages 391-424, December.
- Cuadrado-Ballesteros, Beatriz & Rodríguez-Ariza, Lázaro & García-Sánchez, Isabel-María, 2015. "The role of independent directors at family firms in relation to corporate social responsibility disclosures," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 890-901.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social reporting; Kenya; Banks; Board representation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:12:y:2008:i:4:p:309-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .