What Goes Up Must Come Down? Asymmetries and Persistence in Bank Deposit Rates
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Garth Saloner, 1986.
"The Relative Rigidity of Monopoly Pricing,"
NBER Working Papers
1943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hutchison, David E, 1995. "Retail Bank Deposit Pricing: An Intertemporal Asset Pricing Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 217-31, February.
- James M. O'Brien, 2000. "Estimating the value and interest rate risk of interest-bearing transactions deposits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1992.
"Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-680.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989. "Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M, 1991. "The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 50-81, March.
- Christopher Green, 1998. "Banks as Interest Rate Managers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 189-208, December.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-45, September.
- Steven A. Sharpe, 1992. "Consumer switching costs, market structure and prices: the theory and its application in the bank deposit market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 183, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Francis X. Diebold & Steven A. Sharpe, 1988. "Post-deregulation deposit rate pricing: the multivariate dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 8, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:21:y:2002:i:3:p:173-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.