Money, Monetary Policy, and Central Banking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hayek, F. A., 1981. "Law, Legislation and Liberty, Volume 3," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226320908.
- David E. Altig & Owen F. Humpage, 1999. "Dollarization and monetary sovereignty: the case of Argentina," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Sep.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1987. "Has Government Any Role in Money?," NBER Chapters, in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 289-314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwartz, Anna J., 1993. "Currency boards: their past, present, and possible future role," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 147-187, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John Meadowcroft & Mark Pennington, 2008. "Bonding and bridging: Social capital and the communitarian critique of liberal markets," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 119-133, September.
- Daniel Sanches, 2016. "On the Inherent Instability of Private Money," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 20, pages 198-214, April.
- Funk, Matt, 2008. "On the Problem of Sustainable Economic Development: A Theoretical Solution to this Prisoner's Dilemma," MPRA Paper 19025, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Jun 2008.
- Gentier Antoine, 2013. "3 Comments on “An Austrian Defense of the Euro”," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 29-40, December.
- repec:cbk:journl:v:2:y:2013:i:2:p:71-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manfred Neldner, 2003. "Competition Necessarily Tends to Produce Excess: The Experience of Free Banking in Switzerland," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4, pages 389-408, August.
- Jorge Martinez‐Vazquez & Felix Rioja & Samuel Skogstad & Neven Valev, 2001.
"IMF Conditionality and Objections: The Russian Case,"
American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 501-517, April.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Felix Rioja & Samuel Skogstad & Neven Valev, 2000. "IMF Conditionality and Objections: The Russian Case," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0003, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Buda, Rodolphe, 1999. "Market Exchange Modelling Experiment, Simulation Algorithms, and Theoretical Analysis," MPRA Paper 4196, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2000.
- Neven Valev, 2000. "Building Monetary Credibility in a Transforming Economy," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0212, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Selgin, George, 2015. "Synthetic commodity money," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 92-99.
- Richard W. Kopcke, 1999. "Currency boards: once and future monetary regimes?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 21-37.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2007.
"The characteristics of a monetary economy: a Keynes--Schumpeter approach,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 101-122, January.
- Bertocco Giancarlo, 2003. "The characteristics of a monetary economy: a Keynes-Schumpeter approach," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0311, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Bednarik, Radek & Filipova, Lenka, 2009. "The role of religion and political regime for human capital and economic development," MPRA Paper 14556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony M. Endres, 2009. "Currency Competition: A Hayekian Perspective on International Monetary Integration," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(6), pages 1251-1263, September.
- Stacey L. Schreft, 1997. "Looking forward : the role for government in regulating electronic cash," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 82(Q IV), pages 59-84.
- Valev, Neven, 2004.
"No pain, no gain: market reform, unemployment, and politics in Bulgaria,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 409-425, September.
- Neven Valev, 2003. "No Pain, No Gain: Market Reform, Unemployment, and Politics in Bulgaria," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0310, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Neven Valev, 2003. "No Pain, No Gain: Market Reform, Unemployment, and Politics in Bulgaria," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-577, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nelson, Edward & Schwartz, Anna J., 2008. "Rejoinder to Paul Krugman," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 861-862, May.
- Woodford, Michael, 1995.
"Price-level determinacy without control of a monetary aggregate,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-46, December.
- Michael Woodford, 1995. "Price Level Determinacy Without Control of a Monetary Aggregate," NBER Working Papers 5204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis Araujo & Braz Camargo, 2005.
"Monetary Equilibrium with Decentralized Trade and Learning,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
20051, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Araujo, Luis Fernando Oliveira de & Camargo, Bráz Ministério de, 2010. "Monetary equilibrium with decentralized trade and learning," Textos para discussão 222, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Filippo Cesarano, 2006. "Optimum currency areas: a policy view," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(239), pages 317-332.
More about this item
Keywordscentral bank; currency board; dollarization; interest rates; inflation; money; monetary policy; monetary stability; quality of money;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:18:y:2000:i:2:p:241-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.