Factors Associated with Long-Term Survival of Family Businesses: Duration Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karina Shreffler & Amy Pirretti & Robert Drago, 2010. "Work–Family Conflict and Fertility Intentions: Does Gender Matter?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 228-240, June.
- Timothy Bates, 1985. "Entrepreneur Human Capital Endowments and Minority Business Viability," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(4), pages 540-554.
- Siegel, Robin & Siegel, Eric & Macmillan, Ian C., 1993. "Characteristics distinguishing high-growth ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 169-180, March.
- Jodyanne Kirkwood, 2009. "Spousal Roles on Motivations for Entrepreneurship: A Qualitative Study in New Zealand," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 372-385, December.
- Bates, Timothy, 1990. "Entrepreneur Human Capital Inputs and Small Business Longevity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 551-559, November.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Artz, Kendall W., 1995. "Determinants of satisfaction for entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 439-457, November.
- Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Loy, Johnben Teik-Cheok, 2007. "Family business performance: The effects of gender and management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1058-1069, October.
- C. Mirjam van Praag, 2003. "Business Survival and Success of Young Small Business Owners," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-050/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Susan L. Cutter & Bryan J. Boruff & W. Lynn Shirley, 2003. "Social Vulnerability to Environmental Hazards," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(2), pages 242-261.
- Brian Distelberg & Adrian Blow, 2010. "The Role of Values and Unity in Family Businesses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 427-441, December.
- Audretsch, David B & Mahmood, Talat, 1995. "New Firm Survival: New Results Using a Hazard Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 97-103, February.
- Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A., 2003. "The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 639-666, September.
- Audretsch, David B, 1991. "New-Firm Survival and the Technological Regime," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 441-450, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holly Schrank & Maria Marshall & Adrienne Hall-Phillips & Renee Wiatt & Nicole Jones, 2013. "Small-business demise and recovery after Katrina: rate of survival and demise," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 65(3), pages 2353-2374, February.
- Stafford, Kathryn & Danes, Sharon M. & Haynes, George W., 2013. "Long-term family firm survival and growth considering owning family adaptive capacity and federal disaster assistance receipt," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 188-200.
- Jang Juyoung & Danes Sharon M., 2013. "Are We on the Same Page?: Copreneurial Couple Goal Congruence and New Venture Viability," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 483-504, September.
- Maria Marshall & Linda Niehm & Sandra Sydnor & Holly Schrank, 2015. "Predicting small business demise after a natural disaster: an analysis of pre-existing conditions," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 79(1), pages 331-354, October.
- Maxwell Sandada & Lorraine Mangwandi, 2015. "An Assessment of the Influence of Selected on the Performance of Small to Medium Sized Family Owned Businesses in the Zimbabwe Retail Sector," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(5), pages 5-16, October.
- Yoon Lee & Maria Marshall, 2013. "Goal Orientation and Performance of Family Businesses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 265-274, September.
- McDonald, Tia Michelle & Florax, Raymond & Marshal, Maria I., 2014. "Informal and Formal Financial Resources and Small Business Resilience to Disasters," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170332, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:38:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9525-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Muske, 2015. "Rich L. Sorenson, Andy Yu, Keith H. Brigham, and G. T. Lumpkin (eds.), The Landscape of Family Businesses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 165-166, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily business; Family firm; Business owning family; Disaster resiliency; Family business sustainability; Family business survival; Duration analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:31:y:2010:i:4:p:442-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.