Family business performance: The effects of gender and management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Du Rietz, Anita & Henrekson, Magnus, 2000. "Testing the Female Underperformance Hypothesis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-10, February.
- chell Elizabeth & susan baines, 1998. "Does gender affect business ‘performance’? A study of microbusinesses in business services in the UK," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 117-135, January.
- Habbershon, Timothy G. & Williams, Mary & MacMillan, Ian C., 2003. "A unified systems perspective of family firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 451-465, July.
- Watson, John & Robinson, Sherry, 2003. "Adjusting for risk in comparing the performances of male- and female-controlled SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 773-788, November.
- Winter, Mary & Danes, Sharon M. & Koh, Sun-Kang & Fredericks, Kelly & Paul, Jennifer J., 2004. "Tracking family businesses and their owners over time: panel attrition, manager departure and business demise," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 535-559, July.
- Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A., 2003. "The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 639-666, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Volkan Yeniaras & Pinar Sener & Suheyl Unver, 0. "Is market learning the missing link between family involvement – firm performance relationship? A resource-based perspective," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-30.
- Marshall, Maria I. & Peake, Whitney O., 2013. "Women’s Management Strategies and Growth in Rural Female-Owned Family Businesses," 2014 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2014, Philadelphia, PA 161658, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Henrik Harms, 2014. "Review of Family Business Definitions: Cluster Approach and Implications of Heterogeneous Application for Family Business Research," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-35, July.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11365-016-0417-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Marshall & Anna Flaig, 2014. "Marriage, Children, and Self-Employment Earnings: An Analysis of Self-Employed Women in the US," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 313-322, September.
- Stafford, Kathryn & Danes, Sharon M. & Haynes, George W., 2013. "Long-term family firm survival and growth considering owning family adaptive capacity and federal disaster assistance receipt," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 188-200.
- S. Brana, 2013.
"Microcredit: an answer to the gender problem in funding?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Sophie Brana, 2008. "Microcredit: an answer to the gender problem in funding?," Working Papers hal-00740098, HAL.
- Sophie Brana, 2010. "Microcredit: an answer to the gender problem in funding?," Larefi Working Papers 1008, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Ayala, Juan-Carlos & Manzano, Guadalupe, 2014. "The resilience of the entrepreneur. Influence on the success of the business. A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 126-135.
- Basco, Rodrigo, 2013. "The family's effect on family firm performance: A model testing the demographic and essence approaches," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 42-66.
- Yoon Lee & Cynthia Jasper & Margaret Fitzgerald, 2010. "Gender Differences in Perceived Business Success and Profit Growth Among Family Business Managers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 458-474, December.
- Danijela Stošić, 2016. "Aspects Of The Business Success Important To Female Entrepreneurs In Urban Areas Of The Republic Of Serbia – A Pilot Study," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(208), pages 121-136, January -.
- Barros, Ismael & Hernangómez, Juan & Martin-Cruz, Natalia, 2016. "A theoretical model of strategic management of family firms. A dynamic capabilities approach," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 149-159.
- Danes Sharon M., 2013. "Entrepreneurship Success: “The Lone Ranger” Versus “It Takes a Village” Approach?," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 277-286, July.
- Desislava I. Yordanova, 2008. "Gender Effects on Performance in Bulgarian Private Enterprises," Working Papers 0806, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Oct 2008.
- Carlos Benavides-Velasco & Cristina Quintana-García & Vanesa Guzmán-Parra, 2013. "Trends in family business research," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-57, January.
- Natalia Silas & Ciprian Sipos & Calin Silas, 2013. "Study Regarding The Successful Management Practice And The Changes In Management Approach Due To Financial Crisis," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2, pages 241-252, April.
- Kathryn Stafford & Vibha Bhargava & Sharon Danes & George Haynes & Katherine Brewton, 2010. "Factors Associated with Long-Term Survival of Family Businesses: Duration Analysis," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 442-457, December.
- Rosario Vázquez-Carrasco & Ma. López-Pérez & Edgar Centeno, 2012. "A qualitative approach to the challenges for women in management: are they really starting in the 21st century?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 46(5), pages 1337-1357, August.
- repec:eee:fambus:v:8:y:2017:i:4:p:200-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Y. & Gao, F.Y., 2013. "Does family involvement increase business performance? Family-longevity goals’ moderating role in Chinese family firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 265-274.
- Suwastika Naidu & Anand Chand, 2017. "National Culture, Gender Inequality and Women’s Success in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 647-664, January.
- Esa Storhammar & Timo Tohmo, 2011. "Innovation activity in the SMEs and local environment," ERSA conference papers ersa10p240, European Regional Science Association.
- Alonso-Almeida, María del Mar, 2013. "Influence of gender and financing on tourist company growth," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 621-631.
- Jang Juyoung & Danes Sharon M., 2013. "Role Interference in Family Businesses," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 367-390, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:60:y:2007:i:10:p:1058-1069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.