A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: The Use of Ethics-Related Terms in 10-K Reports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daylian M. Cain & George Loewenstein & Don A. Moore, 2005. "The Dirt on Coming Clean: Perverse Effects of Disclosing Conflicts of Interest," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hong, Harrison & Kacperczyk, Marcin, 2009. "The price of sin: The effects of social norms on markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 15-36, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristin Smith-Crowe & Ann Tenbrunsel & Suzanne Chan-Serafin & Arthur Brief & Elizabeth Umphress & Joshua Joseph, 2015. "The Ethics “Fix”: When Formal Systems Make a Difference," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(4), pages 791-801, November.
- Ronald J. Balvers & John F. Gaski & Bill McDonald, 2016. "Financial Disclosure and Customer Satisfaction: Do Companies Talking the Talk Actually Walk the Walk?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 29-45, November.
- Michael S. McLeod & G. Tyge Payne & Robert E. Evert, 2016. "Organizational Ethics Research: A Systematic Review of Methods and Analytical Techniques," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 429-443, March.
- Hoberg, Gerard & Lewis, Craig, 2017. "Do fraudulent firms produce abnormal disclosure?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 58-85.
- Russell Craig & Tony Mortensen & Shefali Iyer, 2013. "Exploring Top Management Language for Signals of Possible Deception: The Words of Satyam’s Chair Ramalinga Raju," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 333-347, March.
- Belinda Crawford Camiciottoli, 2012. "Oral financial reporting: A rhetorical analysis of earnings calls," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2012(4), pages 15-34.
More about this item
Keywordscode of ethics; Sarbanes-Oxley; corporate governance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:89:y:2009:i:1:p:39-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .