Does Having an Ethical Brand Matter? The Influence of Consumer Perceived Ethicality on Trust, Affect and Loyalty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Page, Graham & Fearn, Helen, 2005. "Corporate Reputation: What Do Consumers Really Care About?," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(03), pages 305-313, September.
- Brunk, Katja H., 2010. "Exploring origins of ethical company/brand perceptions: Reply to Shea and Cohn's commentaries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1364-1367, December.
- Katja Brunk, 2012. "Un/ethical Company and Brand Perceptions: Conceptualising and Operationalising Consumer Meanings," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(4), pages 551-565, December.
- Payne, Adrian & Storbacka, Kaj & Frow, Pennie & Knox, Simon, 2009. "Co-creating brands: Diagnosing and designing the relationship experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 379-389, March.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-373, March.
- Shea, Linda J., 2010. "Using consumer perceived ethicality as a guideline for corporate social responsibility strategy: A commentary essay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 263-264, March.
- Kyoko Fukukawa & John Balmer & Edmund Gray, 2007. "Mapping the Interface Between Corporate Identity, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(1), pages 1-5, November.
- Cohn, Deborah Y., 2010. "Commentary essay on "exploring origins of ethical company/brand perceptions -- A consumer perspective of corporate ethics"," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1267-1268, December.
- Sylvia Maxfield, 2008. "Reconciling Corporate Citizenship and Competitive Strategy: Insights from Economic Theory," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 367-377, June.
- Brunk, Katja H., 2010. "Exploring origins of ethical company/brand perceptions -- A consumer perspective of corporate ethics," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 255-262, March.
- Huber, Frank & Vollhardt, Kai & Matthes, Isabel & Vogel, Johannes, 2010. "Brand misconduct: Consequences on consumer-brand relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1113-1120, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karine Charry & Patrick Pelsmacker & Claude Pecheux, 2014. "How Does Perceived Effectiveness Affect Adults’ Ethical Acceptance of Anti-obesity Threat Appeals to Children? When the Going Gets Tough, the Audience Gets Going," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 243-257, October.
- Nobuyuki Fukawa & Sunil Erevelles, 2014. "Perceived Reasonableness and Morals in Service Encounters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 381-400, December.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:148:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2985-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rafi Chowdhury & Mario Fernando, 2014. "The Relationships of Empathy, Moral Identity and Cynicism with Consumers’ Ethical Beliefs: The Mediating Role of Moral Disengagement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(4), pages 677-694, November.
- Bianca Grohmann & H. Bodur, 2015. "Brand Social Responsibility: Conceptualization, Measurement, and Outcomes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(2), pages 375-399, October.
- repec:spr:irpnmk:v:14:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12208-017-0185-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:133-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Gangi & Ida Camminatiello & Nicola Varrone, 2016. "Analysis of Private Socially Responsible Investment: The Impact of Personal Concern with Corporate Social Responsibility," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 6, pages 47-62, November.
- Moisescu Ovidiu-Ioan, 2015. "Demographics-based differences in the relationship between perceived CSR and customer loyalty in the dairy products market," Management & Marketing, Sciendo, vol. 10(2), pages 118-131, September.
- repec:kap:mktlet:v:28:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11002-017-9424-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2855-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Busse, 2016. "Doing Well by Doing Good? The Self-interest of Buying Firms and Sustainable Supply Chain Management," Journal of Supply Chain Management, Institute for Supply Management, vol. 52(2), pages 28-47, April.
- repec:jec:journl:v:13:y:2017:i:2:p:167-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiyun Kang & Gwendolyn Hustvedt, 2014. "Building Trust Between Consumers and Corporations: The Role of Consumer Perceptions of Transparency and Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 253-265, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBrand trust; Perceived ethicality; Brand loyalty; Brand affection; Ethical brands; Structural equations modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:111:y:2012:i:4:p:541-549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.