Culture and Consumer Ethics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bryan W Husted, 1999. "Wealth, Culture, and Corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(2), pages 339-359, June.
- Monle Lee & Anurag Pant & Abbas Ali, 2010. "Does the Individualist Consume More? The Interplay of Ethics and Beliefs that Governs Consumerism Across Cultures," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(4), pages 567-581, June.
- Mooradian, Todd A. & Swan, K. Scott, 2006. "Personality-and-culture: The case of national extraversion and word-of-mouth," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 778-785, June.
- Kevin Y Au, 1999. "Intra-cultural Variation: Evidence and Implications for International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(4), pages 799-812, December.
- Long-Chuan Lu & Chia-Ju Lu, 2010. "Moral Philosophy, Materialism, and Consumer Ethics: An Exploratory Study in Indonesia," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(2), pages 193-210, June.
- Muncy, James A. & Vitell, Scott J., 1992. "Consumer ethics: An investigation of the ethical beliefs of the final consumer," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 297-311, June.
- Md. Rashid & Saidatul Ibrahim, 2008. "The Effect of Culture and Religiosity on Business Ethics: A Cross-cultural Comparison," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 907-917, November.
- Donald Arnold & Richard Bernardi & Presha Neidermeyer & Josef Schmee, 2007. "The Effect of Country and Culture on Perceptions of Appropriate Ethical Actions Prescribed by Codes of Conduct: A Western European Perspective among Accountants," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(4), pages 327-340, February.
- Kwok Leung & Rabi Bhagat & Nancy R Buchan & Miriam Erez & Cristina B Gibson, 2011. "Beyond national culture and culture-centricism: A reply to Gould and Grein (2009)," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 177-181, January.
- Takyi-Asiedu, Stephen, 1993. "Some socio-cultural factors retarding entrepreneurial activity in sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 91-98, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:108:y:2012:i:2:p:201-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.