Privatization of local public hospitals: effect on budget, medical service quality, and social welfare
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/public+health/journal/10754/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas P. Lyon, 1999. "Quality Competition, Insurance, and Consumer Choice in Health Care Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 546-580, December.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier, 2000.
"Public and Private Provision of Health Care,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2491, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fershtman, Chaim, 1990. "The Interdependence between Ownership Status and Market Structure: The Case of Privatization," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 57(227), pages 319-328, August.
- Pedro Barros & Xavier Martinez-Giralt, 2005.
"Negotiation Advantages of Professional Associations in Health Care,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 191-204, June.
- Xavier Martinez-Giralt & Pedro Pita Barros, 2000. "Negotiation Advantages of Professional Associations in Health Care," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 466.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martínez-Giralt, 2003. "Negotiation Advantages of Professional Associations in Health Care," Working Papers 81, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Nuscheler, Robert, 2002.
"Physician reimbursement, time-consistency and the quality of care
[Ärztevergütung, Zeitkonsistenz und die Qualität medizinischer Leistungen]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance FS IV 02-16, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Robert Nuscheler, 2003. "Physician Reimbursement, Time-Consistency and the Quality of Care," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 159(2), pages 302-302, June.
- Odd Rune Straume & Kurt Brekke & Robert Nuscheler, 2004.
"Gatekeeping In Health Care,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004
83, Royal Economic Society.
- Obermaier, Andreas J., 2009. "Cross-border purchases of health services : a case study on Austria and Hungary," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4825, The World Bank.
- Inoue, Tomohiro & Kamijo, Yoshio & Tomaru, Yoshihiro, 2009. "Interregional mixed duopoly," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 233-242, March.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size,"
819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 877-892, September.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1995.
"Contracting for health services with unmonitored quality,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
9510, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M, 1998. "Contracting for Health Services with Unmonitored Quality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1093-1110, July.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Robert Nuscheler & Odd Rune Straume, 2006.
"Quality and Location Choices under Price Regulation,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 207-227, 03.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Nuscheler, Robert & Straume, Odd Rune, 2002. "Quality and location choices under price regulation," Working Papers in Economics 24/02, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Nuscheler, Robert & Straume, Odd Rune, 2002.
"Quality and location choices under price regulation
[Qualitäts- und Standortwahl bei Preisregulierung]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance FS IV 02-28, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz, 2000. "Tax evasion, fiscal competition and economic integration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1633-1657, October.
- Yasuo Sanjo, 2009. "Quality choice in a health care market: a mixed duopoly approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(2), pages 207-215, May.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martínez-Giralt, 2005.
"Bargaining and idle public sector capacity in health care,"
170, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Xavier Martinez-Giralt & Barros Pedro Pita, 2005. "Bargaining and idle public sector capacity in health care," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(5), pages 1-8.
- Gravelle, Hugh, 1999. "Capitation contracts: access and quality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 315-340, June.
- Myrna Wooders & Ben Zissimos, 2003.
"Hotelling Tax Competition,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
932, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wooders, Myrna & Zissimos, Ben, 2003. "Hotelling Tax Competition," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 668, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Brand, Helmut & Hollederer, Alfons & Wolf, Ulrike & Brand, Angela, 2008. "Cross-border health activities in the Euregios: Good practice for better health," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2-3), pages 245-254, May.
- Gravelle, Hugh & Masiero, Giuliano, 2000.
"Quality incentives in a regulated market with imperfect information and switching costs: capitation in general practice,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1067-1088, November.
- Hugh Gravelle & Giuliano Masiero, "undated". "Quality incentives in a regulated market with imperfect information and switching costs: capitation in general practice," Discussion Papers 00/18, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Marcello Montefiori, 2005. "Spatial competition for quality in the market for hospital care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 6(2), pages 131-135, June.
- Cutler, David M & McClellan, Mark & Newhouse, Joseph P, 1998. "What Has Increased Medical-Care Spending Bought?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 132-136, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:5:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1989. "Alternative Strategies of a Public Enterprise in Oligopoly," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 302-311, April.
- Richard G. Harris & Elmer G. Wiens, 1980. "Government Enterprise: An Instrument for the Internal Regulation of Industry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 125-132, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ijhcfe:v:10:y:2010:i:3:p:275-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.