A Bayesian Bioeconometric Model of Invasive Species Control: The Case of the Hemlock Woolly Adelgid
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koop,Gary & Poirier,Dale J. & Tobias,Justin L., 2007.
"Bayesian Econometric Methods,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671736, April.
- Ho-Chuan Huang, 2001. "Bayesian analysis of the SUR Tobit model," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(9), pages 617-622.
- Finnoff, David & Shogren, Jason F. & Leung, Brian & Lodge, David, 2005. "The importance of bioeconomic feedback in invasive species management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 367-381, February.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Cole, Matthew & Cooper, Philip & Georgiou, Stavros & Hadley, David & Poe, Gregory L., 2004. "On visible choice sets and scope sensitivity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 71-93, January.
- Carmen Fernandez & Carmelo J. Leon & Mark F.J. Steel & Francisco Jose Vazquez-Polo, 2004. "Bayesian Analysis of Interval Data Contingent Valuation Models and Pricing Policies," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 431-442, October.
- Christian Vossler & Michael McKee, 2006. "Induced-Value Tests of Contingent Valuation Elicitation Mechanisms," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 35(2), pages 137-168, October.
- Knut Veisten & Hans Hoen & Jon Strand, 2004. "Sequencing and the Adding-up Property in Contingent Valuation of Endangered Species: Are Contingent Non-Use Values Economic Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(4), pages 419-433, December.
- Diamond, Peter, 1996.
"Testing the Internal Consistency of Contingent Valuation Surveys,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 337-347, May.
- Diamond, P., 1993. "Testing the Internal Consistency of Contingent Valuation Surveys," Working papers 93-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Osborne, Laura L., 1996. "Do Contingent Valuation Estimates Pass a "Scope" Test? A Meta-analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 287-301, November.
- Annie Paradis & Joe Elkinton & Katharine Hayhoe & John Buonaccorsi, 2008. "Role of winter temperature and climate change on the survival and future range expansion of the hemlock woolly adelgid (Adelges tsugae) in eastern North America," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 541-554, June.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & Huppert, Daniel D., 1989. "OLS versus ML estimation of non-market resource values with payment card interval data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 230-246, November.
- Pimentel, David & Zuniga, Rodolfo & Morrison, Doug, 2005. "Update on the environmental and economic costs associated with alien-invasive species in the United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 273-288, February.
- Smith, Martin D. & Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 2009. "The economics of spatial-dynamic processes: Applications to renewable resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 104-121, January.
- Moore, Christopher C. & Holmes, Thomas P. & Bell, Kathleen P., 2011. "An attribute-based approach to contingent valuation of forest protection programs," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-52, January.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Tschirhart, John, 2005. "Integrating ecology and economics to address bioinvasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 267-271, February.
- Mike Christie & Christopher D. Azevedo, 2009. "Testing the Consistency Between Standard Contingent Valuation, Repeated Contingent Valuation and Choice Experiments," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 154-170.
- Boyle Kevin J. & Welsh Michael P. & Bishop Richard C., 1993. "The Role of Question Order and Respondent Experience in Contingent-Valuation Studies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 80-99, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marten, Alex L. & Moore, Christopher C., 2011.
"An options based bioeconomic model for biological and chemical control of invasive species,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2050-2061, September.
- Alex L. Marten & Christopher C. Moore, 2010. "An Options Based Bioeconomic Model for Biological and Chemical Control of Invasive Species," NCEE Working Paper Series 201006, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2010.
More about this item
KeywordsBioeconometrics; Ecosystem services; Gibbs sampling; Hemlock woolly adelgid; Invasive species; Nonmarket valuation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:50:y:2011:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .