Economic Valuation of Health for Environmental Policy: Comparing Alternative Approaches. Introduction and Overview
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bryan Hubbell, 2006. "Implementing QALYs in the Analysis of Air Pollution Regulations," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(3), pages 365-384, July.
- George L. Van Houtven & Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & V. Kerry Smith, 2004. "Benefit Transfer Functions for Avoided Morbidity: A Preference Calibration Approach," NCEE Working Paper Series 200404, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Apr 2004.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Natina Yaduma & Mika Kortelainen & Ada Wossink, 2013.
"Estimating Mortality and Economic Costs of Particulate Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Nigeria,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(3), pages 361-387, March.
- N. Yaduma & M. Kortelainen & A. Wossink, 2012. "Estimating Mortality and Economic Costs of Particulate Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Nigeria," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1223, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & DeShazo, J.R., 2013. "Demand for health risk reductions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 87-109.
- Don Kenkel, 2006. "WTP- and QALY-Based Approaches to Valuing Health for Policy: Common Ground and Disputed Territory," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(3), pages 419-437, July.
- Zylicz, Tomasz, 2010. "Goals and Principles of Environmental Policy," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 299-334, May.
- Katherine Stackelberg & James Hammitt, 2009. "Use of Contingent Valuation to Elicit Willingness-to-Pay for the Benefits of Developmental Health Risk Reductions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(1), pages 45-61, May.
- Olimpia Markiewicz & Anna Bartczak & Agnieszka Markowska, 2007. "Wartość dodatkowego roku przeżycia w Polsce," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 19.
- Jason F. Shogren & Tommy Stamland, 2005. "Self-Protection and Value of Statistical Life Estimation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(1).
- Hammitt, James K. & Haninger, Kevin, 2017. "Valuing nonfatal health risk as a function of illness severity and duration: Benefit transfer using QALYs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 17-38.
More about this item
Keywordsbenefit-cost analysis; cost-effectiveness analysis; environmental policy; quality adjusted life years; regulatory analysis; value of a statistical life; willingness to pay; Q2; I18; J17; D61; H23;
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J17 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Value of Life; Foregone Income
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:34:y:2006:i:3:p:339-346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .