Is Justice the Primary Feature of the State? Adam Smith's Critique of Social Contract Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin C. McGuire & Mancur Olson Jr., 1996. "The Economics of Autocracy and Majority Rule: The Invisible Hand and the Use of Force," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 72-96, March.
- Henderson, James P. & Davis, John B., 1991. "Adam Smith's Influence on Hegel's Philosophical Writings," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 184-204, September.
- Jeffrey T. Young & Barry Gordon, 1996. "Distributive Justice as a Normative Criterion in Adam Smith's Political Economy," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-25, Spring.
- Khalil, Elias L., 1990. "Beyond Self-Interest and Altruism: A Reconstruction of Adam Smith's Theory of Human Conduct," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 255-273, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elias L. Khalil, 2001.
"Adam Smith and Three Theories of Altruism,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 67(4), pages 421-435.
- Elias L. KHALIL, 2001. "Adam Smith and Three Theories of Altruism," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2001044, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Khalil, Elias L., 2004. "What is altruism?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 97-123, February.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:23:y:2012:i:2:p:117-133 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBeneficence; justice; civil contract; political contract; social; Red Queen Paradox;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:6:y:1998:i:3:p:215-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .