Tests of Long Memory: A Bootstrap Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersson, Michael K. & Gredenhoff, Mikael P., 1997. "Bootstrap Testing for Fractional Integration," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 188, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RSSTATISTIC: RATS procedure to compute R/S Statistic (classical or Lo's modified)," Statistical Software Components RTS00191, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1999. "The Size Distortion Of Bootstrap Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 361-376, June.
- Kokoszka, Piotr S. & Taqqu, Murad S., 1995. "Fractional ARIMA with stable innovations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 19-47, November.
- Xiao, Zhijie, 2003. "Note on bandwidth selection in testing for long range dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 33-39, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo Lima & Benjamin Tabak, 2009. "Tests of Random Walk: A Comparison of Bootstrap Approaches," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 365-382, November.
- Mejra Festic & Alenka Kavkler & Silvo Dajcman, 2012. "Long memory in the Croatian and Hungarian stock market returns," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 115-139.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2016. "Dynamic efficiency of stock markets and exchange rates," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 353-371.
- Lisana B. Martinez & M. Belén Guercio & Aurelio Fernandez Bariviera & Antonio Terceño, 2018.
"The impact of the financial crisis on the long-range memory of European corporate bond and stock markets,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Lisana B. Martinez & M. Belen Guercio & Aurelio F. Bariviera & Antonio Terce~no, 2016. "The impact of the financial crisis on the long-range memory of European corporate bond and stock markets," Papers 1605.06700, arXiv.org.
- Belbute, José, 2013. "Does final demand for energy in Portugal exhibit long memory?," MPRA Paper 45717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & Mar'ia Jos'e Basgall & Waldo Hasperu'e & Marcelo Naiouf, 2017. "Some stylized facts of the Bitcoin market," Papers 1708.04532, arXiv.org.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2014. "Time-varying long range dependence in energy futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 318-327.
- Wang, Tiansong & Wang, Jun & Zhang, Junhuan & Fang, Wen, 2011. "Voter interacting systems applied to Chinese stock markets," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 2492-2506.
- Hull, Matthew & McGroarty, Frank, 2014. "Do emerging markets become more efficient as they develop? Long memory persistence in equity indices," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 45-61.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:484:y:2017:i:c:p:82-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:42:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12197-017-9385-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Murphy, A. & Izzeldin, M., 2009.
"Bootstrapping long memory tests: Some Monte Carlo results,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2325-2334, April.
- Anthony Murphy & M Izzeldin, 2006. "Bootstrapping long memory tests: some Monte Carlo results," Working Papers 574547, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2010.
"Fluctuation dynamics in US interest rates and the role of monetary policy,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 163-169, September.
- Daniel Oliveira Cajueiro & Benjamin M. Tabak, 2010. "Fluctuation Dynamics in US Interest Rates and the Role of Monetary Policy," Working Papers Series 206, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Mikkel Bennedsen, 2016. "Semiparametric inference on the fractal index of Gaussian and conditionally Gaussian time series data," CREATES Research Papers 2016-21, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2015. "Time-varying long term memory in the European Union stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 436(C), pages 147-158.
- Sobaci, Cihat & Sensoy, Ahmet & Erturk, Mutahhar, 2014. "Impact of short selling activity on market dynamics: Evidence from an emerging market," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 53-62.
- A. Sensoy & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2013. "How much random does European Union walk? A time-varying long memory analysis," Working Papers Series 342, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Mikkel Bennedsen, 2016. "Semiparametric inference on the fractal index of Gaussian and conditionally Gaussian time series data," Papers 1608.01895, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2017.
More about this item
Keywordslong-memory tests; bootstrap; time series;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:25:y:2005:i:1:p:103-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.