Housing Attribute Preferences in a Northern Mexico Metropolitan Economy
Studies of the valuation of housing attributes have been conducted for numerous metropolitan markets. Empirical analyses of this nature for cities in Latin America and Mexico are less common. This study utilizes data for 175 new houses in Ciudad Juarez, a major metropolitan economy in northern Mexico, to estimate a hedonic pricing model. All units in the sample were completed and sold between November 2006 and April 2007. For each house, a total of 14 characteristics relating to structure and location are employed as explanatory variables. Estimation results indicate that the structural characteristics play bigger roles than the neighborhood amenities. Surprisingly, neighborhood parks are found to lower housing values. Copyright International Atlantic Economic Society 2009
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:Suite 650, International Tower, 229 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://www.iaes.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11293/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Case, Karl E. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1996.
"Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 387-407, June.
- Karl E. Case & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Housing Price Dynamics Within a Metropolitan Area," NBER Working Papers 5182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area," Working Papers 95-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Edward C. Skelton, 2006. "Laying the foundation for a mortgage industry in Mexico," Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, vol. 1(oct.).
- Can, Ayse, 1992. "Specification and estimation of hedonic housing price models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 453-474, September.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward, 2007.
"The Impact Of Stadium Announcements On Residential Property Values: Evidence From A Natural Experiment In Dallas-Fort Worth,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 627-638, October.
- Craig A. Depken & Michael R. Ward & Carolyn A. Dehring, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0602, University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Economics.
- Carolyn A. Dehring & Craig A. Depken, II & Michael R. Ward, 2006. "The Impact of Stadium Announcements on Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Dallas-Fort Worth," Working Papers 0616, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Gin, Alan & Sonstelie, Jon, 1992. "The streetcar and residential location in nineteenth century Philadelphia," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 92-107, July.
- Man Cho, 1997. "Congestion Effects of Spatial Growth Restrictions: A Model and Empirical Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 409-438.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-267, May.
- Blomquist, Glenn & Worley, Lawrence, 1981. "Hedonic prices, demands for urban housing amenities, and benefit estimates," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 212-221, March.
- Thomas Fullerton & Roberto Tinajero & Martha Barraza de Anda, 2006. "Short-Term Water Consumption Patterns in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(4), pages 467-479, December.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2007. "A guide to aggregate house price measures," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 41-71.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:37:y:2009:i:2:p:159-172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.