Is There a Size Effect in the Pricing of Stocks in the Chinese Stock Markets?: The Case of Bull Versus Bear Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1983. "Transaction costs and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-79, June.
- Chang, Eric C. & McQueen, Grant R. & Pinegar, J. Michael, 1999. "Cross-autocorrelation in Asian stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 471-493, December.
- William Schwert, G., 2002.
"Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-26, January.
- G. William Schwert, 2001. "Stock Volatility in the New Millennium: How Wacky Is Nasdaq?," NBER Working Papers 8436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Herrera, Martin J. & Lockwood, Larry J., 1994. "The size effect in the Mexican stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 621-632, September.
- George Leledakis & Ian Davidson & George Karathanassis, 2003. "Cross-sectional estimation of stock returns in small markets: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 413-426.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2006. "The Value Premium and the CAPM," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2163-2185, October.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Bhardwaj, Ravinder K & Brooks, LeRoy D, 1993. "Dual Betas from Bull and Bear Markets: Reversal of the Size Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 269-283, Winter.
- George, Thomas J. & Hwang, Chuan-Yang, 1995. "Transitory Price Changes and Price-Limit Rules: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 313-327, June.
- Ising, Jan & Schiereck, Dirk & Simpson, Marc W. & Thomas, Thomas W., 2006. "Stock returns following large 1-month declines and jumps: Evidence of overoptimism in the German market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 598-619, September.
- Samer Al-Rjoub & Oscar Varela & M. Kabir Hassan, 2005. "The size effect reversal in the USA," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(17), pages 1189-1197.
- Chan, K C & Chen, Nai-Fu, 1991. " Structural and Return Characteristics of Small and Large Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1467-1484, September.
- Daniel Choi & Xin Zhao, 2007. "Cross-autocorrelation in the New Zealand stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 215-219.
- Ozenbas, Deniz & Schwartz, Robert A & Wood, Robert A, 2002. "Volatility in US and European Equity Markets: An Assessment of Market Quality," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 437-461, Winter.
- Reinganum, Marc R., 1981. "Misspecification of capital asset pricing : Empirical anomalies based on earnings' yields and market values," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 19-46, March.
- Bing-Huei Lin & Jerry Wang, 2003. "Systematic skewness in asset pricing: an empirical examination of the Taiwan stock market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1877-1887.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bee-Hoong Tay & Pei-Tha Gan, 2016. "The Determinants of Investment Rewards: Evidence for Selected Developed and Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1180-1188.
More about this item
KeywordsSize effect; Stock pricing behavior; Return premium; Excess stock returns; Developing markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:15:y:2008:i:2:p:117-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .