On The Impact Of Firm Size On Risk And Return: Fresh Evidence From The American Stock Market Over The Recent Years
According to the size effect, small cap securities generally generate greater returns than those of large cap securities. Recent studies have however suggested that for certain periods, size cannot be considered as a relevant explanatory variable, and t
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 184 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris|
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Horowitz, Joel L. & Loughran, Tim & Savin, N. E., 2000. "The disappearing size effect," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 83-100, March.
- van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2011. "Is size dead? A review of the size effect in equity returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3263-3274.
- Chan, K C & Chen, Nai-Fu, 1991. " Structural and Return Characteristics of Small and Large Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1467-1484, September.
- Cook, Thomas J. & Rozeff, Michael S., 1984. "Size and Earnings/Price Ratio Anomalies: One Effect or Two?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 449-466, December.
- Eleswarapu, Venkat R. & Reinganum, Marc R., 1993. "The seasonal behavior of the liquidity premium in asset pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 373-386, December.
- Reinganum, Marc R., 1981. "Misspecification of capital asset pricing : Empirical anomalies based on earnings' yields and market values," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 19-46, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.