The country of origin: a brake or an accelerator when buying a car
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin S Roth & Jean B Romeo, 1992. "Matching Product Category and Country Image Perceptions: A Framework for Managing Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(3), pages 477-497, September.
- Verlegh, Peeter W. J. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M., 1999. "A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 521-546, October.
- Warren J Bilkey & Erik Nes, 1982. "Country-of-Origin Effects on Product Evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(1), pages 89-100, March.
- Roth, Katharina P. & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios, 2009. "Advancing the country image construct," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 726-740, July.
- K. Roth & A. Diamantopoulos, 2009. "Advancing the country image construct," Post-Print hal-00787417, HAL.
- Ravi Pappu & Pascale G Quester & Ray W Cooksey, 2007. "Country image and consumer-based brand equity: relationships and implications for international marketing," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(5), pages 726-745, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wang, Cheng Lu & Li, Dongjin & Barnes, Bradley R. & Ahn, Jongseok, 2012. "Country image, product image and consumer purchase intention: Evidence from an emerging economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1041-1051.
- Baldauf, Artur & Cravens, Karen S. & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios & Zeugner-Roth, Katharina Petra, 2009.
"The Impact of Product-Country Image and Marketing Efforts on Retailer-Perceived Brand Equity: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 85(4), pages 437-452.
- A. Baldauf & A. Diamantopoulos & K.S. Cravens & K. Zeugner-Roth, 2009. "The impact of product-country image and marketing efforts on retailer-perceived brand equity: an empirical analysis," Post-Print hal-00787401, HAL.
- Peter Magnusson & Stanford A. Westjohn & Nancy J. Sirianni, 2019. "Beyond country image favorability: How brand positioning via country personality stereotypes enhances brand evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 50(3), pages 318-338, April.
- Godey, Bruno & Pederzoli, Daniele & Aiello, Gaetano & Donvito, Raffaele & Chan, Priscilla & Oh, Hyunjoo & Singh, Rahul & Skorobogatykh, Irina I. & Tsuchiya, Junji & Weitz, Bart, 2012.
"Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1461-1470.
- Bruno Godey & Daniele Pederzoli & Gaetano Aiello & Raffaele Donvito & Priscilla Chan & Hyunjoo Oh & Rahul Singh & Irina Skorobogatykh & Junji Tsuchiya & Bart Weitz, 2012. "Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products," Post-Print hal-00822005, HAL.
- Zeugner-Roth, Katharina P. & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios, 2010.
"Advancing the country image construct: Reply to Samiee's (2009) commentary,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 446-449, April.
- K. Zeugner-Roth & A. Diamantopoulos, 2010. "Advancing the country image construct: reply to Samiee's (2009) commentary," Post-Print hal-00787396, HAL.
- Jin, Zhongqi & Lynch, Richard & Attia, Samaa & Chansarkar, Bal & Gülsoy, Tanses & Lapoule, Paul & Liu, Xueyuan & Newburry, William & Nooraini, Mohamad Sheriff & Parente, Ronaldo & Purani, Keyoor & Ung, 2015. "The relationship between consumer ethnocentrism, cosmopolitanism and product country image among younger generation consumers: The moderating role of country development status," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 380-393.
- María del Mar Serrano-Arcos & Raquel Sánchez-Fernández & Juan Carlos Pérez-Mesa, 2021. "Analysis of Product-Country Image from Consumer’s Perspective: The Impact of Subjective Knowledge, Perceived Risk and Media Influence," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(4), pages 1-25, February.
- Diamantopoulos, Adamantios & Arslanagic-Kalajdzic, Maja & Moschik, Nicole, 2020. "Are consumers' minds or hearts guiding country of origin effects? Conditioning roles of need for cognition and need for affect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 487-495.
- Kilduff, Kerry & Núñez Tabales, Julia M., 2016. "Country Branding and its effect on the consumer in the global market," Cuadernos de Gestión, Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE).
- Giuseppe Bertoli & Riccardo Resciniti, 2013. "Made in Italy e country of origin effect," MERCATI & COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(2), pages 13-36.
- Giraldi, Janaina de Moura Engracia, 2016. "Evaluation of the impact of Brazil's sustainability on the behavioral intentions of stakeholders toward the country," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 135-143.
- Sergio Carvalho & Etayankara Muralidharan & Hari Bapuji, 2015. "Corporate Social ‘Irresponsibility’: Are Consumers’ Biases in Attribution of Blame Helping Companies in Product–Harm Crises Involving Hybrid Products?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 651-663, September.
- Suter, Mariana Bassi & Munjal, Surender & Borini, Felipe Mendes & Floriani, Dinora, 2021. "Conceptualizing country-of-origin image as a country-specific advantage: An insider perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 415-427.
- Peng Yu & Hongmei Zhang, 2020. "Does Travel Really Enhance Destination-Country Image? Understanding Tourists’ Changes in Perception toward a Destination Country," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(10), pages 1-12, May.
- Carneiro, Jorge & Faria, Flávio, 2016. "Quest for purposefully designed conceptualization of the country-of-origin image construct," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4411-4420.
- Bartikowski, Boris & Fastoso, Fernando & Gierl, Heribert, 2019. "Luxury cars Made-in-China: Consequences for brand positioning," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 288-297.
- Suh, YongGu & Hur, JungYun & Davies, Gary, 2016. "Cultural appropriation and the country of origin effect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 2721-2730.
- Mariana Bassi Suter & Felipe Mendes Borini & Diego Bonaldo Coelho & Moacir Miranda Oliveira Junior & Marcos Cesar Conti Machado, 2020. "Leveraging the Country-of-Origin Image by managing it at different levels," Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(3), pages 224-237, September.
- Maria Rosaria Napolitano & Alessandro De Nisco, 2017. "Cultural heritage: the missing “link” in the place marketing literature “chain”," Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(2), pages 101-106, May.
- Martin, Drew & Palakshappa, Nitha & Woodside, Arch, 2019. "Consumer metaphoria: Uncovering the automaticity of animal, product/brand, and country meanings," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 113-125.
More about this item
Keywordscountry of origin; car purchasing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2018:v:10:i:4:p:510-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.