The Effect of Household Characteristics on Poverty and Living Standards in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Kathryn & Pomfret, Richard, 2000.
"Living Standards during Transition to a Market Economy: The Kyrgyz Republic in 1993 and 1996,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 502-523, September.
- Richard Pomfret & Kathryn H. Anderson, 1999. "Living Standards During Transition to a Market Economy: The Kyrgyz Republic in 1993 and 1996," School of Economics Working Papers 1999-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1996. "Expenditure behavior and children's welfare: An analysis of female headed households in Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 165-187, June.
- Ranjan Ray, 2000. "Poverty and expenditure pattern of households in Pakistan and South Africa: a comparative study," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 241-256.
- Maitra, Pushkar & Ray, Ranjan, 2003. "The effect of transfers on household expenditure patterns and poverty in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 23-49, June.
- repec:syd:wpaper:99-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- repec:syd:wpaper:9916 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pushkar Maitra & Ranjan Ray, 2003. "Resource inflows and household composition: evidence from South African panel data," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(8), pages 1037-1047.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sharmistha Self & Richard Grabowski, 2013. "Female Autonomy In Rural North India: Impact Of Economic, Social, And Political Factors," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 59-82, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:27:y:2002:i:1:p:75-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.