Trends in Human and Economic Development Across Countries
Convergence of the Human Development Index (HDI) and per capita income were tested between 1975 and 1998 using a yearly adjustment model. The results indicated convergence for HDI and divergence for income. Furthermore, there was an increase over the years in the average HDI for every group of countries as classified by HDI from low to high. The only group of countries with significant increase in income were the rich countries.
Volume (Year): 27 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.jed.or.kr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galor, Oded, 1996.
"Convergence? Inferences from Theoretical Models,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1056-1069, July.
- Galor, Oded, 1996. "Convergence? Inferences from Theoretical Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 1350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oded Galor, 1996. "Convergence?: Inferences from Theoretical Models," Working Papers 96-3, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Hopkins, Michael, 1991. "Human development revisited: A new UNDP report," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1469-1473, October.
- Graff, Michael, 1998. "Educational imbalance, socio-economic inequality, political freedom and economic development," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 03/98, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Slottje, Daniel J, 1991. "Measuring the Quality of Life across Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 684-693, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:27:y:2002:i:1:p:41-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.