The Relationship between the Level and Variability of Inflation: Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cukierman, Alex & Wachtel, Paul, 1979. "Differential Inflationary Expectations and the Variability of the Rate of Inflation: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 595-609, September.
- Logue, Dennis E & Willett, Thomas D, 1976. "A Note on the Relation between the Rate and Variability of Inflation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(17), pages 151-158, May.
- A. R. Pagan & A. D. Hall & P. K. Trivedi, 1983. "Assessing the Variability of Inflation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 585-596.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Foster, Edward, 1978. "The Variability of Inflation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 346-350, August.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-334, June.
- Cukierman, Alex & Wachtel, Paul, 1982. "Inflationary Expectations: Reply and Further Thoughts on Inflation Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 508-512, June.
- Demetriades, Panikos, 1988. "Macroeconomic aspects of the correlation between the level and variability of inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 121-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Weale, Martin, 2006.
Handbook of Economic Forecasting,
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Martin Weale, 2005. "Survey Expectations," IEPR Working Papers 05.30, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Dr Martin Weale, 2005. "Survey Expectations," NIESR Discussion Papers 260, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Weale, M., 2005. "Survey Expectations," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0536, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Martin Weale, 2005. "Survey Expectations," CESifo Working Paper Series 1599, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mitchell, James & Mouratidis, Kostas & Weale, Martin, 2007.
"Uncertainty in UK manufacturing: Evidence from qualitative survey data,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 245-252, February.
- Dr Martin Weale & Dr. James Mitchell, 2005. "Uncertainty in UK manufacturing: evidence from qualitative survey data," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 266, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Christos Ioannidis & Mick Silver, 2001. "The influence of inflation on differential price changes across European markets," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(1), pages 31-47, March.
- Madureira, Leonardo, 2007. "The ex ante real rate and inflation premium under a habit consumption model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 355-382, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:4:y:1989:i:3:p:239-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.