Stock Market Liquidity: Comparative Analysis of Croatian and Regional Markets
On the Croatian stock market liquidity has never been in the focus of academic research, thus we find it necessary to observe liquidity at the aggregate level. This paper observes multi-dimensional liquidity through the impact of turnover on price change together with several one-dimensional measures. In our empirical research we applythe illiquidity measureto seven different stock markets. We focus on the Croatian stock market as compared to other markets in the Central and Eastern Europe and German market. The results of the research indicate a substantial level of illiquidity in the Croatian and other developing markets.
Volume (Year): 32 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.fintp.hr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lubos Pastor & Robert F. Stambaugh, 2001.
"Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
8462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luboš Pástor & Robert F. Stambaugh, . "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," CRSP working papers 531, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Pástor, Luboš & Stambaugh, Robert F., 2002. "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 3494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Jasiak, Joanna & Le Fol, Gaelle, 1999.
"Intra-day market activity,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-226, August.
- Ross Levine & Sergio Schmukler, 2005.
"Internationalization and Stock Market Liquidity,"
NBER Working Papers
11894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woon Gyu Choi & David Cook, 2006.
"Stock Market Liquidity and the Macroeconomy: Evidence from Japan,"
in: Monetary Policy with Very Low Inflation in the Pacific Rim, NBER-EASE, Volume 15, pages 309-340
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woon Gyu Choi & David Cook, 2005. "Stock Market Liquidity and the Macroeconomy; Evidence From Japan," IMF Working Papers 05/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell & Lundblad, Christian T, 2006.
"Liquidity and Expected Returns: Lessons from Emerging Markets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5946, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2007. "Liquidity and Expected Returns: Lessons from Emerging Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(6), pages 1783-1831, November.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2005. "Liquidity and Expected Returns: Lessons From Emerging Markets," NBER Working Papers 11413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bortolotti, Bernardo & de Jong, Frank & Nicodano, Giovanna & Schindele, Ibolya, 2004.
"Privatization and Stock Market Liquidity,"
SIFR Research Report Series
23, Institute for Financial Research.
- Amihud, Yakov, 2002. "Illiquidity and stock returns: cross-section and time-series effects," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 31-56, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipf:finteo:v:32:y:2008:i:4:p:477-498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Fabris)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.