Economic Reforms, Financial Development and Growth: Lessons from the Chilean Experience
Despite reform efforts, the economic performance of Latin American countries during the 1990s was disappointing with the exception of Chile, which grew at almost 7% per year. This paper tries to explain this difference. Following recent literature that hi
Volume (Year): 45 (2008)
Issue (Month): 131 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.puc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pablo Emilio Guidotti & Jose De Gregorio, 1992.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth,"
IMF Working Papers
92/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter J. Montiel & Eduardo Fernández-Arias, 1997.
"Reform and Growth in Latin America: all Pain, no Gain?,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6801, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Fern·ndez-Arias & Peter Montiel, 2001. "Reform and Growth in Latin America: All Pain, No Gain?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(3), pages 5.
- Eduardo FernÃ¡ndez-Arias & Peter Montiel, 2002. "Reform and Growth in Latin America: All Pain, No Gain?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2001-06, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Peter Montiel, 1997. "Reform and Growth in Latin America: All Pain, No Gain?," Research Department Publications 4078, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Peter Montiel, 2001. "Reform and Growth in Latin America: All Pain, No Gain?," Center for Development Economics 166, Department of Economics, Williams College.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:45:y:2008:i:131:p:59-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.