Expressed Humility in Organizations: Implications for Performance, Teams, and Leadership
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilmar Schaufeli & Marisa Salanova & Vicente González-romá & Arnold Bakker, 2002. "The Measurement of Engagement and Burnout: A Two Sample Confirmatory Factor Analytic Approach," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 71-92, March.
- Knight, Patrick A. & Nadel, Jerome I., 1986. "Humility revisited: Self-esteem, information search, and policy consistency," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 196-206, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Serdar Çop & Victor Oluwafemi Olorunsola & Uju Violet Alola, 2021. "Achieving environmental sustainability through green transformational leadership policy: Can green team resilience help?," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 671-682, January.
- Shilei Zhang & Rui Shi & Liping Yun & Xuefei Li & Yun Wang & Hongbin He & Danmin Miao, 2015. "Self-regulation and Study-Related Health Outcomes: A Structural Equation Model of Regulatory Mode Orientations, Academic Burnout and Engagement Among University Students," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(2), pages 585-599, September.
- Umair Ahmed & Abdul Halim Abdul Majid & Md Lazim Mohd Zin, 2016. "Meaningful Work and Work Engagement: A Relationship Demanding Urgent Attention," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6(8), pages 116-122, August.
- María Josefina Peláez & Cristián Coo & Marisa Salanova, 2020. "Facilitating Work Engagement and Performance Through Strengths-Based Micro-coaching: A Controlled Trial Study," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 1265-1284, April.
- Lise A. Oortmerssen & Marjolein C. J. Caniëls & Marcel F. Assen, 2020. "Coping with Work Stressors and Paving the Way for Flow: Challenge and Hindrance Demands, Humor, and Cynicism," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 21(6), pages 2257-2277, August.
- Xiuxiu Huang & Zhaoyang Li & Qiaoqin Wan, 2019. "From organisational justice to turnover intention among community nurses: A mediating model," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 28(21-22), pages 3957-3965, November.
- Charlice Hurst & Lauren Simon & Yongsuhk Jung & Dante Pirouz, 2019. "Are “Bad” Employees Happier Under Bad Bosses? Differing Effects of Abusive Supervision on Low and High Primary Psychopathy Employees," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 158(4), pages 1149-1164, September.
- Gazi Md. Shakhawat Hossain & Md. Nayem Hossen & Md. Sharifur Rahman & Maruf Hasan, 2019. "Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Approach to Examining the Factors’ Affecting Work Life Balance among Female Teachers’: An Empirical Study," International Journal of Science and Business, IJSAB International, vol. 3(6), pages 140-152.
- Schippers, M.C., 2017. "IKIGAI: Reflection on Life Goals Optimizes Performance and Happiness," ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management EIA-2017-070-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam..
- Jussi Tanskanen & Sakari Taipale & Timo Anttila, 2016. "Revealing Hidden Curvilinear Relations Between Work Engagement and Its Predictors: Demonstrating the Added Value of Generalized Additive Model (GAM)," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 367-387, February.
- Jorge Sinval & M. Joseph Sirgy & Dong-Jin Lee & João Marôco, 2020. "The Quality of Work Life Scale: Validity Evidence from Brazil and Portugal," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1323-1351, November.
- Wójcik-Karpacz Anna, 2018. "The research on work engagement: theoretical aspects and the results of researches in the company operating in the IT sector," Management, Sciendo, vol. 22(2), pages 60-79, December.
- Francoise Contreras & Juan C. Espinosa & Gustavo A. Esguerra, 2020. "Could Personal Resources Influence Work Engagement and Burnout? A Study in a Group of Nursing Staff," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440199, January.
- Nina Pološki Vokić & Tomislav Hernaus, 2015. "The triad of job satisfaction, work engagement and employee loyalty – The interplay among the concepts," EFZG Working Papers Series 1507, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Li, Changhong & Li, Jialong & Wu, Zhenyu, 2017. "Dark side of investment in employee education in privately-held companies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 190-196.
- Bilal Khalid & Dr.Muhammad Zia urRehman & Rana Jimshaid Asghar, 2016. "How To Augment Task And Contextual Performance Through Employee Engagement," IBT Journal of Business Studies (JBS), Ilma University, Faculty of Management Science, vol. 12(2), pages 116-125.
- Alina Simona Tecau & Cristinel Petrisor Constantin & Radu Constantin Lixandroiu & Ioana Bianca Chitu & Gabriel Bratucu, 2020. "Impact of the COVID-19 Crisis on Heavy Work Investment in Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 22(Special 1), pages 1049-1049, November.
- Kwon-Soo Kim, 2019. "The Influence of Hotels High-Commitment HRM on Job Engagement of Employees: Mediating Effects of Workplace Happiness and Mental Health," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 507-525, April.
- Burke Ronald J. & Koksal Hayakl & Wolpin Jacob, 2015. "Organizational Experiences, Satisfactions and Psychological Wellbeing among Managerial and Professional Women in Turkey," Journal of Intercultural Management, Sciendo, vol. 7(2), pages 5-20, June.
- Molefe Jonathan Maleka, 2018. "The Biographical and Human Resource Management Predictors of Union Membership Engagement of Low- and Middle-Income Workers," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 10(1), pages 207-216.
More about this item
Keywordshumility; task performance; leadership; turnover; self-awareness; narcissism; general mental ability; learning goal orientation; construct validation; theory elaboration;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:24:y:2013:i:5:p:1517-1538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Walls (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.