A Multiproduct Risk-Averse Newsvendor with Law-Invariant Coherent Measures of Risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Youhua (Frank) Chen & Minghui Xu & Zhe George Zhang, 2009. "Technical Note---A Risk-Averse Newsvendor Model Under the CVaR Criterion," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(4), pages 1040-1044, August.
- Mokrane Bouakiz & Matthew J. Sobel, 1992. "Inventory Control with an Exponential Utility Criterion," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 40(3), pages 603-608, June.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2007. "Risk Mitigation in Newsvendor Networks: Resource Diversification, Flexibility, Sharing, and Hedging," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(8), pages 1269-1288, August.
- Gotoh, Jun-ya & Takano, Yuichi, 2007. "Newsvendor solutions via conditional value-at-risk minimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(1), pages 80-96, May.
- Shapiro, Alexander, 2008. "Asymptotics of minimax stochastic programs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 150-157, February.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 1999.
"From stochastic dominance to mean-risk models: Semideviations as risk measures,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 33-50, July.
- W. Ogryczak & A. Ruszczynski, 1997. "From Stochastic Dominance to Mean-Risk Models: Semideviations as Risk Measures," Working Papers ir97027, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Miller, Naomi & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 2008. "Risk-adjusted probability measures in portfolio optimization with coherent measures of risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 193-206, November.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Wang, Shaun S. & Young, Virginia R. & Panjer, Harry H., 1997. "Axiomatic characterization of insurance prices," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 173-183, November.
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Robert J. Vanderbei, 2003. "Frontiers of Stochastically Nondominated Portfolios," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1287-1297, July.
- Maurice E. Schweitzer & Gérard P. Cachon, 2000. "Decision Bias in the Newsvendor Problem with a Known Demand Distribution: Experimental Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 404-420, March.
- Garrett van Ryzin & Siddharth Mahajan, 1999. "On the Relationship Between Inventory Costs and Variety Benefits in Retail Assortments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(11), pages 1496-1509, November.
- Ronald A. Howard, 1988. "Decision Analysis: Practice and Promise," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 679-695, June.
- Hiroshi Konno & Hiroaki Yamazaki, 1991. "Mean-Absolute Deviation Portfolio Optimization Model and Its Applications to Tokyo Stock Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(5), pages 519-531, May.
- Lau, Hon-Shiang & Lau, Amy Hing-Ling, 1999. "Manufacturer's pricing strategy and return policy for a single-period commodity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 291-304, July.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Ahmed, Shabbir & Cakmak, Ulas & Shapiro, Alexander, 2007. "Coherent risk measures in inventory problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 226-238, October.
- Vipul Agrawal & Sridhar Seshadri, 2000. "Impact of Uncertainty and Risk Aversion on Price and Order Quantity in the Newsvendor Problem," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(4), pages 410-423, July.
- Brian Tomlin & Yimin Wang, 2005. "On the Value of Mix Flexibility and Dual Sourcing in Unreliable Newsvendor Networks," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 37-57, June.
- Xin Chen & Melvyn Sim & David Simchi-Levi & Peng Sun, 2007. "Risk Aversion in Inventory Management," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 828-842, October.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chan, Chi Kin & Zhou, Yan & Wong, Kar Hung, 2019. "An equilibrium model of the supply chain network under multi-attribute behaviors analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 275(2), pages 514-535.
- Zhao, Lima & Huchzermeier, Arnd, 2017. "Integrated operational and financial hedging with capacity reshoring," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(2), pages 557-570.
- Wang, Ruopeng & Wang, Jinting, 2018. "Procurement strategies with quantity-oriented reference point and loss aversion," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 1-11.
- Baloch, Gohram & Gzara, Fatma, 2020. "Capacity and assortment planning under one-way supplier-driven substitution for pharmacy kiosks with low drug demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 282(1), pages 108-128.
- Sungyong Choi, 2018. "A Loss-Averse Newsvendor with Cap-and-Trade Carbon Emissions Regulation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-12, June.
- Roger J. A. Laeven & John G. M. Schoenmakers & Nikolaus F. F. Schweizer & Mitja Stadje, 2020. "Robust Multiple Stopping -- A Pathwise Duality Approach," Papers 2006.01802, arXiv.org.
- Choi, Sungyong & Jeon, Sumin & Kim, Jinmin & Park, Kwangtae, 2019. "A newsvendor analysis of a binomial yield production process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 273(3), pages 983-991.
- Avinadav, Tal & Chernonog, Tatyana & Ben-Zvi, Tal, 2019. "The effect of information superiority on a supply chain of virtual products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 384-397.
- Nicholas G. Hall & Daniel Zhuoyu Long & Jin Qi & Melvyn Sim, 2015. "Managing Underperformance Risk in Project Portfolio Selection," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(3), pages 660-675, June.
- Xinsheng, Xu & Zhiqing, Meng & Rui, Shen & Min, Jiang & Ping, Ji, 2015. "Optimal decisions for the loss-averse newsvendor problem under CVaR," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 146-159.
- Sungyong Choi & KyungBae Park & Sang-Oh Shim, 2018. "Comparing validity of risk measures on newsvendor models in open innovation perspective," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Borgonovo, E. & Cappelli, V. & Maccheroni, F. & Marinacci, M., 2018. "Risk analysis and decision theory: A bridge," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(1), pages 280-293.
- Rahimian, Hamed & Bayraksan, Güzin & Homem-de-Mello, Tito, 2019. "Controlling risk and demand ambiguity in newsvendor models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 279(3), pages 854-868.
- Jochen Gönsch & Michael Hassler & Rouven Schur, 2018. "Optimizing conditional value-at-risk in dynamic pricing," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 40(3), pages 711-750, July.
- Poormoaied, Saeed & Atan, Zümbül, 2020. "A multi-attribute utility theory approach to ordering policy for perishable items," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 225(C).
- He, Juan & Ma, Chao & Pan, Kai, 2017. "Capacity investment in supply chain with risk averse supplier under risk diversification contract," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 255-275.
More about this item
Keywordsmultiple products; newsvendor; risk aversion; coherent measures of risk; diversification; portfolio;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:59:y:2011:i:2:p:346-364. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.