And Then There Were None
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Karlin, 1960. "Dynamic Inventory Policy with Varying Stochastic Demands," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 231-258, April.
- S. M. Johnson, 1957. "Sequential Production Planning Over Time at Minimum Cost," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 435-437, July.
- Harvey M. Wagner & Thomson M. Whitin, 1958. "Dynamic Version of the Economic Lot Size Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 89-96, October.
- Alan S. Manne, 1958. "Programming of Economic Lot Sizes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 115-135, January.
- Charles C. Holt & Franco Modigliani & John F. Muth, 1956. "Derivation of a Linear Decision Rule for Production and Employment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 159-177, January.
- Edward H. Bowman, 1956. "Production Scheduling by the Transportation Method of Linear Programming," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 100-103, February.
- Richard Ehrhardt, 1979. "The Power Approximation for Computing (s, S) Inventory Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(8), pages 777-786, August.
- Raymond A. Jacobs & Harvey M. Wagner, 1989. "Reducing Inventory System Costs by Using Robust Demand Estimators," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(7), pages 771-787, July.
- R. H. Hayes, 1969. "Statistical Estimation Problems in Inventory Control," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(11), pages 686-701, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shaler Stidham, 2002. "Analysis, Design, and Control of Queueing Systems," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 197-216, February.
- Srinagesh Gavirneni & Yusen Xia, 2009. "Anchor Selection and Group Dynamics in Newsvendor Decisions---A Note," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 87-97, June.
- Chad R. Larson & Danko Turcic & Fuqiang Zhang, 2015. "An Empirical Investigation of Dynamic Ordering Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(9), pages 2118-2138, September.
- Vikram Tiwari & Srinagesh Gavirneni, 2007. "ASP, The Art and Science of Practice: Recoupling Inventory Control Research and Practice: Guidelines for Achieving Synergy," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 176-186, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vargas, Vicente & Metters, Richard, 2011. "A master production scheduling procedure for stochastic demand and rolling planning horizons," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 296-302, August.
- L Tang & G Liu & J Liu, 2008. "Raw material inventory solution in iron and steel industry using Lagrangian relaxation," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 59(1), pages 44-53, January.
- Prak, Dennis & Teunter, Ruud & Syntetos, Aris, 2017. "On the calculation of safety stocks when demand is forecasted," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 454-461.
- Toy, Ayhan Özgür & Berk, Emre, 2013. "Dynamic lot sizing for a warm/cold process: Heuristics and insights," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 53-66.
- Melega, Gislaine Mara & de Araujo, Silvio Alexandre & Jans, Raf, 2018. "Classification and literature review of integrated lot-sizing and cutting stock problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 271(1), pages 1-19.
- Sujit K. Basu & Rahul Mukerjee, 1990. "Asymptotic normality of the estimated optimal order quantity for one‐period inventories with supply uncertainty," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(5), pages 745-751, October.
- Nadjib Brahimi & Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès & Najib M. Najid, 2006. "Capacitated Multi-Item Lot-Sizing Problems with Time Windows," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 54(5), pages 951-967, October.
- Shi Li, 2020. "Constant Approximation Algorithm for Nonuniform Capacitated Multi-Item Lot Sizing via Strong Covering Inequalities," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 947-965, August.
- Okhrin, Irena & Richter, Knut, 2011. "The linear dynamic lot size problem with minimum order quantity," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 688-693, October.
- Gutiérrez, J. & Sedeí±o-Noda, A. & Colebrook, M. & Sicilia, J., 2008. "An efficient approach for solving the lot-sizing problem with time-varying storage capacities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(3), pages 682-693, September.
- Degraeve, Z. & Jans, R.F., 2003. "A New Dantzig-Wolfe Reformulation And Branch-And-Price Algorithm For The Capacitated Lot Sizing Problem With Set Up Times," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-010-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Ioannis Fragkos & Zeger Degraeve & Bert De Reyck, 2016. "A Horizon Decomposition Approach for the Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Setup Times," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 465-482, August.
- Upendra Dave, 1989. "A deterministic lot‐size inventory model with shortages and a linear trend in demand," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 36(4), pages 507-514, August.
- Suresh Chand & Vernon Ning Hsu & Suresh Sethi, 2002. "Forecast, Solution, and Rolling Horizons in Operations Management Problems: A Classified Bibliography," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 25-43, September.
- Dural-Selcuk, Gozdem & Rossi, Roberto & Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan, 2020. "The benefit of receding horizon control: Near-optimal policies for stochastic inventory control," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Iara Ciurria-Infosino & Daniel Granot & Frieda Granot & Arthur F. Veinott, 2015. "Multicommodity Production Planning: Qualitative Analysis and Applications," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 589-607, October.
- Yongpei Guan & Andrew J. Miller, 2008. "Polynomial-Time Algorithms for Stochastic Uncapacitated Lot-Sizing Problems," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 1172-1183, October.
- Zeger Degraeve & Raf Jans, 2007. "A New Dantzig-Wolfe Reformulation and Branch-and-Price Algorithm for the Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Setup Times," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 909-920, October.
- Jans, Raf, 2010. "Classification of Dantzig-Wolfe reformulations for binary mixed integer programming problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 251-254, July.
- Karimi, B. & Fatemi Ghomi, S. M. T. & Wilson, J. M., 2003. "The capacitated lot sizing problem: a review of models and algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 365-378, October.
More about this item
KeywordsForecasting; inventory system effectiveness. Inventory/production; impact of forecasts on. Professional; comments on;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:50:y:2002:i:1:p:217-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.