The Effects of Low Inventory on the Development of Productivity Norms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel G. Hansen, 1997. "Worker Performance and Group Incentives: A Case Study," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(1), pages 37-49, October.
- Kenneth L. Schultz & David C. Juran & John W. Boudreau & John O. McClain & L. Joseph Thomas, 1998. "Modeling and Worker Motivation in JIT Production Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1595-1607, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kenneth L. Schultz & Tobias Schoenherr & David Nembhard, 2010. "An Example and a Proposal Concerning the Correlation of Worker Processing Times in Parallel Tasks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 176-191, January.
- John W. Boudreau, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: Organizational Behavior, Strategy, Performance, and Design in Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1463-1476, November.
- Kull, Thomas & Closs, David, 2008. "The risk of second-tier supplier failures in serial supply chains: Implications for order policies and distributor autonomy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(3), pages 1158-1174, May.
- Diwas S. Kc & Christian Terwiesch, 2009. "Impact of Workload on Service Time and Patient Safety: An Econometric Analysis of Hospital Operations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1486-1498, September.
- Jansen, Karen J. & Kristof-Brown, Amy L., 2005. "Marching to the beat of a different drummer: Examining the impact of pacing congruence," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 93-105, July.
- Stephen G. Powell & Kenneth L. Schultz, 2004. "Throughput in Serial Lines with State-Dependent Behavior," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1095-1105, August.
- Ricardo Mateo, 2006. "The Impact of Absenteeism on the Quality of Assembly Line Production: Is the Value of Worker Experti," Faculty Working Papers 04/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Sameer Hasija & Edieal Pinker & Robert A. Shumsky, 2010. "OM Practice--Work Expands to Fill the Time Available: Capacity Estimation and Staffing Under Parkinson's Law," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, September.
- Adam Powell & Sergei Savin & Nicos Savva, 2012. "Physician Workload and Hospital Reimbursement: Overworked Physicians Generate Less Revenue per Patient," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 512-528, October.
- Hummy Song & Anita L. Tucker & Karen L. Murrell & David R. Vinson, 2015. "Public Relative Performance Feedback in Complex Service Systems: Improving Productivity through the Adoption of Best Practices," Working Papers 96, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Diwas Singh KC & Christian Terwiesch, 2012. "An Econometric Analysis of Patient Flows in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(1), pages 50-65, January.
- Singer, Marcos & Donoso, Patricio & Rodríguez-Sickert, Carlos, 2008. "A static model of cooperation for group-based incentive plans," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 492-501, October.
More about this item
Keywordsgroup norms; work teams; job design; JIT; cohesiveness; feedback; peer pressure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:12:p:1664-1678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.