Capacity Expansion and Replacement in Growing Markets with Uncertain Technological Breakthroughs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lieberman, Marvin B, 1987. "Market Growth, Economies of Scale, and Plant Size in the Chemical Processing Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 175-191, December.
- Klincewicz, John G. & Luss, Hanan, 1985. "Optimal timing decisions for the introduction of new technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 211-220, May.
- Balcer, Yves & Lippman, Steven A., 1984. "Technological expectations and adoption of improved technology," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 292-318, December.
- Karlson, Stephen H, 1986. "Adoption of Competing Inventions by United States Steel Producers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 415-422, August.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 1989. "The role of technological expectations in a mixed model of international diffusion of process innovations: The case of open-end spinning rotors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 273-288, October.
- Nair, Suresh K. & Hopp, Wallace J., 1992. "A model for equipment replacement due to technological obsolescence," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 207-221, December.
- Cainarca, Gian Carlo & Colombo, Massimo G. & Mariotti, Sergio, 1989. "An evolutionary pattern of innovation diffusion. The case of flexible automation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 59-86, April.
- Methe, David T., 1992. "The influence of technology and demand factors on firm size and industrial structure in the DRAM market -- 1973-1988," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 13-25, February.
- John F. Muth, 1986. "Search Theory and the Manufacturing Progress Function," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 948-962, August.
- Suresh K. Nair, 1995. "Modeling Strategic Investment Decisions Under Sequential Technological Change," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(2), pages 282-297, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahman, Atiqur & Loulou, Richard, 2001. "Technology acquisition with technological progress: effects of expectations, rivalry and uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 159-185, February.
- Huisman, Kuno J. M. & Kort, Peter M., 2003.
"Strategic investment in technological innovations,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 209-223, January.
- Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 1998. "Strategic Investment in Technological Innovations," Discussion Paper 1998-114, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2003. "Strategic investment in technological innovations," Other publications TiSEM 19205076-9017-44f3-8658-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Pangburn, Michael S. & Sundaresan, Shankar, 2009. "Capacity decisions for high-tech products with obsolescence," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 102-111, August.
- Lin, James T. & Chen, Tzu-Li & Chu, Hsiao-Ching, 2014. "A stochastic dynamic programming approach for multi-site capacity planning in TFT-LCD manufacturing under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 21-36.
- Alexandar Angelus & Evan L. Porteus, 2002. "Simultaneous Capacity and Production Management of Short-Life-Cycle, Produce-to-Stock Goods Under Stochastic Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 399-413, March.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2003. "Commissioned Paper: Capacity Management, Investment, and Hedging: Review and Recent Developments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(4), pages 269-302, July.
- Martínez-Costa, Carme & Mas-Machuca, Marta & Benedito, Ernest & Corominas, Albert, 2014. "A review of mathematical programming models for strategic capacity planning in manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 66-85.
- Hadjinicola, George C. & Soteriou, Andreas C., 2003. "Reducing the cost of defects in multistage production systems: A budget allocation perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(3), pages 621-634, March.
- B. Luo & I. Maqsood & G. Huang, 2007. "Planning water resources systems with interval stochastic dynamic programming," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(6), pages 997-1014, June.
- Wu, Cheng-Hung & Chuang, Ya-Tang, 2010. "An innovative approach for strategic capacity portfolio planning under uncertainties," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 1002-1013, December.
- Porteus, Evan L. & Angelus, Alexandar & Wood, Samuel C., 2000. "Optimal Sizing and Timing of Modular Capacity Expansions," Research Papers 1479r2, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:59:y:2008:i:1:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602381 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yatsenko, Yuri & Hritonenko, Natali, 2008. "Properties of optimal service life under technological change," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 230-238, July.
- Susan H. Xu & Zhaolin Li, 2007. "Managing a Single-Product Assemble-to-Order System with Technology Innovations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(9), pages 1467-1485, September.
- Mørch, Ove & Fagerholt, Kjetil & Pantuso, Giovanni & Rakke, Jørgen, 2017. "Maximizing the rate of return on the capital employed in shipping capacity renewal," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 42-53.
- Cao, M.F. & Huang, G.H. & Lin, Q.G., 2010. "Integer programming with random-boundary intervals for planning municipal power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2506-2516, August.
- Vernon Ning Hsu, 2002. "Dynamic Capacity Expansion Problem with Deferred Expansion and Age-Dependent Shortage Cost," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 44-54, June.
- Chand, Suresh & McClurg, Tim & Ward, Jim, 2000. "A model for parallel machine replacement with capacity expansion," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 519-531, March.
- Öner, K.B. & Kiesmüller, G.P. & van Houtum, G.J., 2015. "On the upgrading policy after the redesign of a component for reliability improvement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 867-880.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:56:y:2005:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601834 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCapacity Expansion; Equipment Replacement; Technology Adoption models; Stochastic Dynamic Programming; Management of Technology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:44:y:1998:i:1:p:12-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .