Examining Demand Elasticities in Hanemann's Framework: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-561, May.
- Neeraj Arora & Greg M. Allenby & James L. Ginter, 1998. "A Hierarchical Bayes Model of Primary and Secondary Demand," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 29-44.
- Harikesh Nair & Jean-Pierre Dubé & Pradeep Chintagunta, 2005.
"Accounting for Primary and Secondary Demand Effects with Aggregate Data,"
INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 444-460, November.
- Nair, Harikesh S. & Dube, Jean-Pierre & Chintagunta, Pradeep, 2004. "Accounting for Primary and Secondary Demand Effects with Aggregate Data," Research Papers 1949, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- David R. Bell & Jeongwen Chiang & V. Padmanabhan, 1999. "The Decomposition of Promotional Response: An Empirical Generalization," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 504-526.
- Jeongwen Chiang, 1991. "A Simultaneous Approach to the Whether, What and How Much to Buy Questions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 297-315.
- Baohong Sun, 2005. "Promotion Effect on Endogenous Consumption," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 430-443, July.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1993. "Investigating Purchase Incidence, Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Decisions of Households," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 184-208.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Harikesh S. Nair, 2011. "Structural Workshop Paper --Discrete-Choice Models of Consumer Demand in Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 977-996, November.
More about this item
Keywordsmicroeconomic theory of demand; quantity elasticities; Hanemann's framework; stochastic properties of distribution functions of econometrician's errors; stochastic properties of finite mixture/normal random/mixture normal specifications of heterogeneity; structural approach;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:29:y:2010:i:3:p:422-437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .