Benchmarking Performance in Retail Chains: An Integrated Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Loken, Barbara & Ward, James C, 1990. " Alternative Approaches to Understanding the Determinants of Typicality," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 111-126, September.
- Dan Horsky & Paul Nelson, 1996. "Evaluation of Salesforce Size and Productivity Through Efficient Frontier Benchmarking," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 301-320.
- Peter Boatwright & Sanjay Dhar & Peter Rossi, 2004. "The Role of Retail Competition, Demographics and Account Retail Strategy as Drivers of Promotional Sensitivity," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 169-190, June.
- Luo, Xueming & Donthu, Naveen, 2005. "Assessing advertising media spending inefficiencies in generating sales," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Ghosh, Avijit, 1984. "Parameter nonstationarity in retail choice models," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 425-436, December.
- Venkatesh Shankar & Ruth N. Bolton, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Determinants of Retailer Pricing Strategy," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 28-49, May.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1989. "Evaluating Alternative Retail Repositioning Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(2), pages 170-180.
- David L. Huff, 1963. "A Probabilistic Analysis of Shopping Center Trade Areas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1), pages 81-90.
- Darden, William R. & Babin, Barry J., 1994. "Exploring the concept of affective quality: Expanding the concept of retail personality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 101-109, February.
- Kamakura, Wagner A & Ratchford, Brian T & Agrawal, Jagdish, 1988. " Measuring Market Efficiency and Welfare Loss," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 289-302, December.
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Filiatrault, Pierre & Katz, Arnon & Tal, Shlomo Mai, 1994. "Strategic auditing of human and financial resource allocation in marketing : An empirical study using data envelopment analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(2-3), pages 197-208.
- Randolph E. Bucklin & Sunil Gupta, 1999. "Commercial Use of UPC Scanner Data: Industry and Academic Perspectives," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 247-273.
- Anderson, Eugene W & Shugan, Steven M, 1991. " Repositioning for Changing Preferences: The Case of Beef versus Poultry," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 219-232, September.
- Kumar, V. & Karande, Kiran, 2000. "The Effect of Retail Store Environment on Retailer Performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 167-181, August.
- Shun Yin Lam & Mark Vandenbosch & John Hulland & Michael Pearce, 2001. "Evaluating Promotions in Shopping Environments: Decomposing Sales Response into Attraction, Conversion, and Spending Effects," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(2), pages 194-215, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Merino, María & Ramirez-Nafarrate, Adrian, 2016. "Estimation of retail sales under competitive location in Mexico," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 445-451.
- Bram Foubert & Els Gijsbrechts, 2016. "Try It, You’ll Like It—Or Will You? The Perils of Early Free-Trial Promotions for High-Tech Service Adoption," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(5), pages 810-826, September.
- Gauri, Dinesh K., 2013. "Benchmarking Retail Productivity Considering Retail Pricing and Format Strategy," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 1-14.
- M. De Beule & D. Van Den Poel & N. Van De Weghe, 2013. "An extended Huff-model for robustly benchmarking and predicting retail network performance," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/866, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Trivedi, Minakshi, 2011. "Regional and Categorical Patterns in Consumer Behavior: Revealing Trends," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 18-30.
- Claro, Danny P. & Kamakura, Wagner A., 2017. "Identifying Sales Performance Gaps with Internal Benchmarking," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 93(4), pages 401-419.
More about this item
Keywordsretailing; store performance; benchmarking; econometric models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:28:y:2009:i:3:p:502-515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.