The "Middle-Risk Gap" and Financial System Reform: Small-Firm Financing in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hideaki Hirata & Tokiko Shimizu, "undated".
"Purchase of SME-related ABS by the Bank of Japan: Monetary Policy and SME Financing in Japan,"
164521, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Hideaki Hirata & Tokiko Shimizu, 2003. "Purchase of SME-related ABS by theBank of Japan: Monetary Policy and SME financing in Japan," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 03-E-3, Bank of Japan.
- Strahan, Philip E. & Weston, James P., 1998. "Small business lending and the changing structure of the banking industry1," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 821-845, August.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2004. "Corporate Financing and Governance in Japan: The Road to the Future," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582481, September.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2008.
"Zombie Lending and Depressed Restructuring in Japan,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1943-1977, December.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2006. "Zombie Lending and Depressed Restructuring in Japan," NBER Working Papers 12129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Smith, David C., 2003. "Loans to Japanese borrowers," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-304, September.
- David C. Smith, 2003. "Loans to Japanese borrowers," International Finance Discussion Papers 769, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2002.
"Small Business Credit Availability and Relationship Lending: The Importance of Bank Organisational Structure,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 32-53, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2001. "Small business credit availability and relationship lending: the importance of bank organizational structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Adam Posen, 2003. "It Takes More Than a Bubble to Become Japan," RBA Annual Conference Volume (Discontinued), in: Anthony Richards & Tim Robinson (ed.),Asset Prices and Monetary Policy, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Egli, Dominik & Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C., 2006.
"On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance,"
Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 23-39, March.
- Egli, D. & Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2001. "On the Sequencing of Projects, Reputation Building and Relationship Finance," Discussion Paper 2001-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dominik Egli & Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 2002. "On the sequencing of projects, reputation building, and relationship finance," International Finance Discussion Papers 718, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Degryse, H.A. & Cerqueiro, G.M. & Ongena, S., 2007.
"Distance, Bank Organizational Structure and Credit,"
Other publications TiSEM
34c2f607-3395-4fd9-9c52-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Degryse, H.A. & Cerqueiro, G.M. & Ongena, S., 2007. "Distance, Bank Organizational Structure and Credit," Discussion Paper 2007-018, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Annalisa Castelli & Gerald P. Dwyer & Iftekhar Hasan, 2006. "Bank relationships and small firms’ financial performance," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap, 2004. "Japan's Financial Crisis and Economic Stagnation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 3-26, Winter.
- Robert DeYoung & William Hunter & Gregory Udell, 2004.
"The Past, Present, and Probable Future for Community Banks,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 85-133, April.
- Robert DeYoung & William C. Hunter & Gregory F. Udell, 2003. "The past, present, and probable future for community banks," Working Paper Series WP-03-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Simon Cornï¿½e, 2014.
"Soft Information and Default Prediction in Cooperative and Social Banks,"
Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 3(1), pages 89-103, June.
- Simon Cornée, 2014. "Soft Information and Default Prediction in Cooperative and Social Banks," Post-Print halshs-01114142, HAL.
- Simon Cornée, 2014. "Soft Information and Default Prediction in Cooperative and Social Banks," Working Papers CEB 14-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Simon Cornée, 2014. "Soft Information and Default Prediction in Cooperative and Social Banks," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201402, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Kirschenmann, K., 2010. "The Dynamics in Requested and Granted Loan Terms when Bank and Borrower Interact Repeatedly," Other publications TiSEM 40d5005c-1626-4511-aa8a-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Suarez, Javier & Sánchez Serrano, Antonio, 2018. "Approaching non-performing loans from a macroprudential angle," Report of the Advisory Scientific Committee 7, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Elmas Yaldiz Hanedar & Eleonora Broccardo & Flavio Bazzana, 2012. "Collateral Requirements of SMEs:The Evidence from Less–Developed Countries," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 0034, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Kirschenmann, K., 2010.
"The Dynamics in Requested and Granted Loan Terms when Bank and Borrower Interact Repeatedly,"
2010-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kirschenmann, Karolin, 2010. "The dynamics in requested and granted loan terms when bank and borrower interact repeatedly," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 7, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Tensie Steijvers & Wim Voordeckers & Koen Vanhoof, 2010. "Collateral, relationship lending and family firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 243-259, April.
- Antje Brunner & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2013.
"Hold-up in multiple banking: evidence from SME lending,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 78-101.
- Brunner, Antje & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2010. "Hold-up in multiple banking: Evidence from SME lending," CFS Working Paper Series 2010/07, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- De Veirman, Emmanuel & Levin, Andrew T., 2012.
"When did firms become more different? Time-varying firm-specific volatility in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 578-601.
- Emmanuel de Veirman & Andrew Levin, 2012. "When Did Firms Become More Different? Time-Varying Firm-Specific Volatility in Japan," DNB Working Papers 351, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Andrew T. Levin, 2012. "When Did Firms Become More Different? Time-Varying Firm-Specific Volatility in Japan," CAMA Working Papers 2012-43, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Doris Neuberger & Solvig Räthke, 2009. "Microenterprises and multiple bank relationships: The case of professionals," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 207-229, February.
- Stijn Claessens & M Ayhan Kose, 2018. "Frontiers of macrofinancial linkages," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 95, June.
- Grimme, Christian, 2017. "Uncertainty and the Cost of Bank vs. Bond Finance," MPRA Paper 79852, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Finn Tarp, 2003. "Financial liberalization, financial development and economic growth in LDCs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 189-209.
- Paolo Emilio Mistrulli & Valerio Vacca & Gennaro Corbisiero & Silvia del Prete & Luciano Esposito & Marco Gallo & Mariano Graziano & Maurizio Lozzi & Vincenzo Maffione & Daniele Marangoni & Andrea Mig, 2011. "Mutual Guarantee Institutions (MGIs) and small business credit during the crisis," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 105, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imemes:v:23:y:2005:i:1:p:149-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.