Financial Predation by the "Weak"
We consider a Stackelberg game, where a financially constrained leader competes with a "deep pocket" follower, and analyze the trade-off between a financial and a strategic advantage for both the design of financial contracts and market structure.
Volume (Year): 5 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gertner, Robert H. & Gibbons, Robert. & Scharfstein, David., 1987.
"Simultaneous signaling to the capital and product markets,"
1917-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1988. "Simultaneous Signalling to the Capital and Product Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 173-190, Summer.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1987. "Simultaneous Signaling to the Capital and Product Markets," Working papers 449, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lambrecht, Bart M, 2001. "The Impact of Debt Financing on Entry and Exit in a Duopoly," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 765-804.
- Lawarree, J.P. & Van Audenrode, M., 1993.
"Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation and Limited Liability,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
93-07, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Lawarree, Jacques P. & Van Audenrode, Marc A., 1996. "Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation, and Limited Liability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 514-531, November.
- Lawarree, J.P. & Van Audenrode, M., 1993. "Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation and Limited Liability," Working Papers 93-07, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Levy, David T, 1989. "Predation, Firm-Specific Assets and Diversification," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 227-33, December.
- Giacinta Cestone & Lucy White, 2003.
"Anticompetitive Financial Contracting: The Design of Financial Claims,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 2109-2142, October.
- Cestone, Giacinta & White, Lucy, 2002. "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: The Design of Financial Claims," CEPR Discussion Papers 3182, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cestone, G. & White, L., 1999. "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: the Design of Financial Claims," Papers 99.525, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Giacinta Cestone & Lucy White, . "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: The Design Of Financial Claims," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 453.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000. "Product market competition and optimal debt contracts: The limited liability effect revisited," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1823-1840, December.
- Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2003. "Capital structure decisions and output market competition under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 171-200, February.
- Jean-Pierre Benoit, 1984. "Financially Constrained Entry in a Game with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 490-499, Winter.
- Poitevin, M., 1987.
"Financial Signalling and the "Deep Pocket" Argument,"
Cahiers de recherche
8754, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Michel Poitevin, 1989. "Financial Signalling and the "Deep-Pocket" Argument," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(1), pages 26-40, Spring.
- Dean Showalter, 1999. "Debt as an Entry Deterrent Under Bertrand Price Competition," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1069-1081, August.
- Carr, Jack L & Mathewson, G Frank, 1988. "Unlimited Liability as a Barrier to Entry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 766-84, August.
- Neelam Jain & Thomas Jeitschko & Leonard Mirman, 2005. "Entry deterrence under financial intermediation with private information and hidden contracts," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 203-225, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:5:y:2006:i:3:p:231-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.