Financial Predation by the "Weak"
We consider a Stackelberg game, where a financially constrained leader competes with a "deep pocket" follower, and analyze the trade-off between a financial and a strategic advantage for both the design of financial contracts and market structure.
Volume (Year): 5 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 100 Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung|
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Poitevin, 1989.
"Financial Signalling and the "Deep-Pocket" Argument,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(1), pages 26-40, Spring.
- Poitevin, M., 1987. "Financial Signalling and the "Deep Pocket" Argument," Cahiers de recherche 8754, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gertner, Robert H. & Gibbons, Robert. & Scharfstein, David., 1987.
"Simultaneous signaling to the capital and product markets,"
1917-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1988. "Simultaneous Signalling to the Capital and Product Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 173-190, Summer.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1987. "Simultaneous Signaling to the Capital and Product Markets," Working papers 449, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lawarree, Jacques P. & Van Audenrode, Marc A., 1996.
"Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation, and Limited Liability,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 514-531, November.
- Lawarree, J.P. & Van Audenrode, M., 1993. "Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation and Limited Liability," Working Papers 93-07, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lawarree, J.P. & Van Audenrode, M., 1993. "Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation and Limited Liability," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 93-07, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Lambrecht, Bart M, 2001. "The Impact of Debt Financing on Entry and Exit in a Duopoly," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 765-804.
- Jean-Pierre Benoit, 1984. "Financially Constrained Entry in a Game with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 490-499, Winter.
- Giacinta Cestone & Lucy White, 2003.
"Anticompetitive Financial Contracting: The Design of Financial Claims,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 2109-2142, October.
- Giacinta Cestone & Lucy White, . "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: The Design Of Financial Claims," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 453.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Cestone, Giacinta & White, Lucy, 2002. "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: The Design of Financial Claims," CEPR Discussion Papers 3182, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cestone, G. & White, L., 1999. "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: the Design of Financial Claims," Papers 99.525, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Levy, David T, 1989. "Predation, Firm-Specific Assets and Diversification," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 227-33, December.
- Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2003. "Capital structure decisions and output market competition under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 171-200, February.
- Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000. "Product market competition and optimal debt contracts: The limited liability effect revisited," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1823-1840, December.
- Carr, Jack L & Mathewson, G Frank, 1988. "Unlimited Liability as a Barrier to Entry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 766-84, August.
- Dean Showalter, 1999. "Debt as an Entry Deterrent Under Bertrand Price Competition," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1069-1081, August.
- Neelam Jain & Thomas Jeitschko & Leonard Mirman, 2005. "Entry deterrence under financial intermediation with private information and hidden contracts," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 9(3), pages 203-225, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:5:y:2006:i:3:p:231-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.