Financial Predation by the "Weak"
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Poitevin, 1989.
"Financial Signalling and the "Deep-Pocket" Argument,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(1), pages 26-40, Spring.
- Poitevin, M., 1987. "Financial Signalling and the "Deep Pocket" Argument," Cahiers de recherche 8754, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1988.
"Simultaneous Signalling to the Capital and Product Markets,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 173-190, Summer.
- Robert Gertner & Robert Gibbons & David Scharfstein, 1987. "Simultaneous Signaling to the Capital and Product Markets," Working papers 449, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gertner, Robert H. & Gibbons, Robert. & Scharfstein, David., 1987. "Simultaneous signaling to the capital and product markets," Working papers 1917-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Neelam Jain & Thomas Jeitschko & Leonard Mirman, 2005. "Entry deterrence under financial intermediation with private information and hidden contracts," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 9(3), pages 203-225, August.
- Lawarree, Jacques P. & Van Audenrode, Marc A., 1996.
"Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation, and Limited Liability,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 514-531, November.
- Lawarree, J.P. & Van Audenrode, M., 1993. "Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation and Limited Liability," Working Papers 93-07, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lawarree, J.P. & Van Audenrode, M., 1993. "Optimal Contract, Imperfect Output Observation and Limited Liability," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 93-07, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Carr, Jack L & Mathewson, G Frank, 1988. "Unlimited Liability as a Barrier to Entry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 766-784, August.
- Giacinta Cestone & Lucy White, 2003.
"Anticompetitive Financial Contracting: The Design of Financial Claims,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 2109-2142, October.
- Giacinta Cestone & Lucy White, "undated". "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: The Design Of Financial Claims," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 453.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Cestone, G. & White, L., 1999. "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: the Design of Financial Claims," Papers 99.525, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Cestone, Giacinta & White, Lucy, 2002. "Anti-Competitive Financial Contracting: The Design of Financial Claims," CEPR Discussion Papers 3182, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dean Showalter, 1999. "Debt as an Entry Deterrent Under Bertrand Price Competition," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1069-1081, August.
- Jean-Pierre Benoit, 1984. "Financially Constrained Entry in a Game with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 490-499, Winter.
- Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000. "Product market competition and optimal debt contracts: The limited liability effect revisited," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1823-1840, December.
- Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2003. "Capital structure decisions and output market competition under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 171-200, February.
- Lambrecht, Bart M, 2001. "The Impact of Debt Financing on Entry and Exit in a Duopoly," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 765-804.
- Levy, David T, 1989. "Predation, Firm-Specific Assets and Diversification," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 227-233, December.
More about this item
Keywordspredation; financial contracts; Stackelberg game;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:5:y:2006:i:3:p:231-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbfcutw.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.